Why study at Roehampton
- Our course is taught at our beautiful collegiate campus just 20 minutes from the centre of the global business hub of London.
- This MBA is fully recognised by the Chartered Management Institute.
- Roehampton boasts one of the most competitively-priced MBAs in London.
The Roehampton MBA is designed to prepare students for the challenges of senior management within an international environment. You will gain a foundation in the key operational and functional areas of business and management, and develop knowledge on strategic management and decision-making. You will be supported in your own personal development, through activities aimed at enhancing managerial skills and taking your career to the next level.
Key areas of study
- A foundation in the key operational and functional areas of business and management (for example, finance and accounts, marketing, human resource management and organisational analysis) together with an appreciation of the contemporary context of business.
- A personal development programme that includes activities aimed at enhancing managerial skills and the opportunity to take an optional course to develop specific managerial knowledge in depth; for example, in the fields of marketing, human resource management, information systems or finance.
- A strategic and integrative appreciation of management challenges, including an exploration of senior managerial decision making, and the implications of change and innovation.
- The application of knowledge to a personally selected management project, reported as a dissertation and supported by a business research methods module.
Career and personal development
MBA students have the opportunity to participate in a range of talks and activities designed to help them develop their personal and career management skills. Some past examples are described below.
Guest speaker sessions
John Lees, an internationally
recognised career coach and careers writer, shared a number of insights into
the changing job market and the skills individuals need to manage their career.
Students were provided with a number of practical tools to help them surface
their skills, focus on their career drivers, as well as think about their ideal
job and the strategies needed to secure employment in a world where many jobs
are never advertised.
Vicky Reeves, entrepreneur and
Managing Director of the London-based web solutions company ChameleonNet, gave an inspiring and
candid talk on the highs and lows of developing a successful business. She
talked about how she has grown the company from a micro business to one that
now employs around 30 people. She spoke about the skills that she has developed
along the journey, how to go about getting the right advice and support, as
well as providing some humorous stories to demonstrate the creative skills
needed when running your own business.
Students have worked on a number
of group projects. One of these involved producing a design proposal for a
dedicated postgraduate common room within the School. The objectives being to
build a more cohesive postgraduate community; create a ‘third place’ to
exchange ideas, share knowledge and maximise the resources of the University
and thus improve the Roehampton learning experience among the postgraduate
community. Students were given a budget to work within and had to present their
proposals to a number of key decision makers across the University.
Beyond your MBA
The Roehampton MBA is fully recognised by the Chartered Management Institute (CMI). Successful completion of the programme leads to eligibility for membership of the CMI and the potential to gain chartered manager status.
You can seek guidance from
professional staff from Roehampton’s Career Service to develop your career
path on completion of the MBA. You can browse through the comprehensive careers
library, which holds an extensive range of occupational information, literature
from professional bodies, and self-help materials on CVs, applications and
interviews. You can also arrange individual, confidential interviews to discuss
career plans, applications, interviews and job offers. In addition to the
drop-in services offered, you will be invited to attend regular workshops,
fairs and presentations by employers and careers experts.
- Students come from around
- Students are not normally
accepted unless they have at least two years' post-graduation employment
- You can expect an average
class size of 20 students.
- Mostly we see an even
balance of females and males.
- Most students are sponsored
- Organisational behaviour
- Business ethics
- Career development
- Outsourcing of IT provision
- Brands and brand management
- Technology marketing
- International capital and
- International banking
- Social enterprise
- International Management and Human Resource Management
- Strategy, Change and Leadership
- Strategic Marketing Management
Our MBA nurtures personal ambitions and provides greater management knowledge and expertise to improve career prospects. Past students have gone on to develop in management roles with companies such as Mondi Group, GE, Vivid Interiors, ICIC Prudential and Argos.