Postgraduate and mature students returning to study after a break

There are a limited number of 51 week contract rooms available for postgraduate students. Preference is given to first-year postgraduate students.
Postgraduate halls are also offered to undergraduate students who have returned to study after a break. If you're a mature student or want to be in a flat with mature students, please let us know via the free text box of the application for accommodation so we can do our best to house you with other mature students or postgrads.

Quiet accommodation

We are offering students the option to live with other students who have an interest in quieter, more study focused accommodation.  Students living in these areas would be expected to adopt a moderated lifestyle within their accommodation in respect of alcohol, parties and noise.

We are not saying the flat will completely quiet or alcohol free but hope to provide an alternative by housing students together who request this option.  If you wish to apply for this type of accommodation please add Quiet Flat to the text box in the other information section when applying for accommodation.

 We are unable to guarantee that we will be able to allocate you to this type of accommodation as it subject to availability and dependent on how popular this type of accommodation is.  

Halls of accommodation can be offered to students studying at the University of Roehampton for only one semester. This includes continuing UK students going abroad for a semester in their continuing years who will be offered Mount Clare.

Students with disabilities and long-term medical conditions

Across the campus are 30 rooms with adapted facilities for students with disabilities and long-term medical conditions. Wherever possible the University will adapt facilities to suit individual requirements including:

  • Installation of equipment for storage of medication
  • Flashing/vibrating fire alarms
  • Provision for carers
  • Provision for guide and registered assistance dogs

Details of any accommodation requirements relating to a disability or long-term medical condition must be included on your accommodation application. Please note that you MUST complete and return a self-assessment form, part of which is obtaining confirmation from a medical professional to confirm and explain why it is necessary to have a specific type of accommodation or why you are unable to live off campus.

The information you provide, when necessary will be shared with Disability Services, Student Experience, Security and Health and safety and in where adjustments are necessary, maintenance staff.

Disability Services will also advise you on non-accommodation matters.