- Help and advice on areas such as what to look for in a property, the housing costs involved, and tenancy law. This section includes a checklist that you can download and print off to take with you when you view a property.
- Links to other accommodation-related websites.
- A Student Message Board that allows you to contact other Roehampton University students to look for potential flat/house sharers or to advertise if you have a vacancy in your property.
- When you register online with Studentpad you will receive regular email updates on any new properties as soon as they become available. To register, please create an account.
- Landlords advertising properties on the Studentpad website must adhere to our Code of Practice. While we are not able to view every property we do require landlords to provide us with copies of their gas safety certificate; HMO licence, where applicable; EPC and notification of their rent deposit scheme.
- On Studentpad there is a feedback option on which we encourage you to pass on your experiences and views which will help us monitor the properties advertised.
When looking for private rented accommodation it is important to know who you are dealing with – landlords or letting agents.
For advice on any issues relating to your tenancy agreement or disputes with a landlord, please contact Maxina Pattison, our Off Campus Officer, on 020 8392 4451 or email firstname.lastname@example.org. She is happy to disucss any concerns you may have regarding a property. There is also help available on budgeting successfully. We have produced a comparison chart (PDF) on the costs of private rental compared with University accommodation.
Please be aware that there are other web-based search facilities available but always make sure that what is being advertised is legitimate; for example, that the property exists and the agent is registered. We cannot stress strongly enough that you must always go with someone else when viewing a property.
The Metropolitan Police have produced a fraud warning (PDF) to advise on how you can protect yourself from fraud when considering properties to rent over the internet.