A course designed exclusively for Roehampton graduates seeking to bolster their graduate level employability and make effective longer term career plans.
1 year (part-time)
Number of credits:
Specific entry requirements:
Applicants must have successfully gained an undergraduate degree from Roehampton within the past two years.
Why this course
Excellent preparation for job-hunting graduate level roles.
Flexible online delivery allows you to fit your studies around other commitments.
Heavily discounted fee of £350, gains you 60 master's credits for use against future MA or MSc programmes at Roehampton.
Course and Module Details
This course is available exclusively to Roehampton alumni and we particularly encourage applications from those who graduated in 2020 and 2021. Priority will be given to those who are currently not in full-time permanent employment
- Study flexibly online with this 1 year part-time programme, enabling you to combine work and study and gain a recognised postgraduate qualification.
- The flexible design of the programme means that you will be able to access teaching materials at times to fit in with your other commitments.
- Three core modules aimed at: enabling you to explore your career options and how these best align with your key strengths; reflecting on you and your leadership strengths and in-depth investigation into a particular business sector and/or profession.
- Applied coursework assessments that enable you to demonstrate the knowledge and skills required for life-long career planning and development.
- Opportunities to expand your network through: attending Leadership Development Workshops; learning from the career experiences of Guest Speakers; links with Wandsworth Chamber of Commerce and the University of Roehampton.
- Support from the Careers Service to help you connect with an industry mentor who can provide insights into a particular business sector/profession that you are aiming to work in.
The programme is aimed at alumni from all disciplines, providing you with an opportunity to rethink and refocus your career aspirations and goals with support from a range of professionals both within and outside the University. Roehampton has a long, proud tradition of supporting students into graduate level work and this programme offering is a further step in this tradition.
The programme focusses on the development and enhancement of the high-level skills and competencies expected to pursue a graduate level career within the rapidly changing global workplace. It builds on the skills that you devloped on your undergraduate degree and aims to empower you to find graduate employment in professions that you may not have previously considered. This PG Cert will help you develop the knowledge, skills and confidence to do this.
The programme consists of three modules, each worth 20 credits.
- Career Learning within a Changing Global Environment (Sept – Dec)
- My Professional Leadership and Development (Jan – May)
- Professional Enquiry: Exploring, Analysing and Closing the Gap within a Given Occupation or Sector (May – Sept)
Course subject to curriculum review
These modules are those we currently offer and may be subject to change each year.
Fees & Funding
The complete programme is £350.
If you subsequently decide to register for a full specialist master's at Roehampton within 12 months, then the programme cost will be deducted from the full master's price.
How to apply
Contact the Programme Convenor Merijn Van Willigen
Doing all we can to support our students' lives at Roehampton
At Roehampton, we can offer all new students the opportunity to live in accommodation on our beautiful parkland campus, including affordable and high-end options.
We offer scholarships, provide hardship funding and help you find advice on managing your finances while you study.
We provide plenty of opportunities for you to get involved, through volunteering, playing sport or music, or joining one of our many active student societies.