Studying with us
Our courses are also designed to cater for people from different religious backgrounds with different interests and vocations. Some courses will appeal to anyone interested in learning more about gender, justice, and women in society, religion and theology. Others are designed for community leaders and pastoral workers in particular regions or contexts. Some are generic in their theological and pastoral approaches, while others relate more directly to particular denominational or cultural contexts.
What do we offer?
We offer a range of 6 week and 10 week online courses exploring gender studies, justice, religion, and theology. Academics and scholar-practitioners from across the world help to create and tutor these courses. Successful completion results in a Continuing Professional Development certificate from the University of Roehampton.
How to enrol?
To join one of our courses, please purchase your selected course directly via University of Roehampton e-store. For enquiries on the courses or enrolment or to request a bursary please email Dr Anna Cantelmi at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Enrolment is open up to one week before the course start date.
Where do I find the material and what will I need to pass the course?
All course material is provided online through the Moodle Partnership platform, which you will be able to access any time after enrolment with your personal log in details.
Each week, you will find:
- Tutor Presentation (Powerpoint with audio recording): introduces key terms, issues and theological/theoretical debates to examine and explore.
- Essential Readings: this will be a fairly short text or series of extracts from texts which you are expected to read each week, in preparation for the following week's discussion.
- Optional Readings: most of these links are embedded within the presentations as well as being linked to the Moodle site.
- Weekly Discussion Forum: here you are invited to post your thoughts and reflections on the week’s readings and/or on other questions that are asked during the session.
- Live Chat Session: each week, there is an opportunity for a live online conversation with other students and the course tutor.
- Course Assignment: in order to receive a Continuing Professional Development certificate on completion of the course, students are required to do an assignment equivalent to 2,000 words for 6 week courses and 3,000 words for 10 week courses. These are designed to help participants to integrate their learning from the course with their own experience and understanding of the issues.
What do our students say?
"The course has confirmed in me the desire to be compassionate, to listen and appreciate difference; maybe, also, to be clear in my own thinking and present it without fear."
"The live chat discussions were intellectually stimulating, challenging, honest, thought-provoking and expertly moderated by the course tutor."
"The experience was warm, friendly and very educative. It was a place where I could tap into various kinds of expertise and experiences."
"I have been able to integrate the material in my work, presentations and engagement in both academic and non-academic circles."
"I came away with a clearer spiritual vision, a deeper intellectual engagement with my faith, a heightened sense of God’s presence in my life and desire to do God’s will. I believe the repercussions of the courses are still playing out in my life and relationships."
"I found Violence against women: War, the Domestic Sphere and Religion profoundly educative, inspiring and eye-opening. Learning the various course themes from the standpoint of a man and a Religious leader, I was awakened to crucial aspects pertaining to violence against women I was oblivious to. Evidently coming from highly informed positions of the subject area, the course instructors presented the material in a thought-provoking manner that shaped strong gender-conscious theological convictions in me."
How much is the fee?
6 Week Course Fee: £170
10 Week Course Fee: £300
If you book more than one course at the same time, we offer a discount of 25% for the second and subsequent courses. Bursaries are available for those who are unemployed or on low incomes. Please email email@example.com for more information.
For information about how Catherine of Siena Centre processes personal data, please see our Catherine of Siena Privacy Notice.pdf