Coronavirus: international applicants and offer holders 

We fully intend to continue to provide on-campus, in-person teaching throughout 2022, and will implement any changes based on government guidance as needed. At the same time we have many measures in place to ensure and protect the health and wellbeing of our community.

We are also providing as much flexibility and support as we can to international students arriving to join us. For students joining us in January 2022, this includes:

  • more flexibility on arrival dates
  • the ability to study online on most January 2022 courses and join us when you can, should you be unable to travel to the UK 
  • refunds of post-arrival Covid-19 testing and (where required) hotel or quarantine costs (these are only currently required for a minority of international students). 
We have a range of measures in place to help keep our community safe, however we strongly advise all of our students to get vaccinated before starting at Roehampton this autumn. For more information on how to book your vaccination, please refer to the National Booking Service. International students do not need to be registered with a GP in the UK to receive a vaccination. 

How are you making sure campus is safe?

We have many measures in place to help keep our community safe. We review these regularly:

  • Cleaning schedules are enhanced across campus, including in accommodation
  • Testing kits for Covid-19 (lateral flow and PCR) are available for students free-of-charge
  • Face coverings are required in most indoor spaces, unless students are exempt
  • Protective screens are in place in classrooms and social spaces
  • Hand sanitiser is available across campus
  • We have advanced contact tracing for those who develop symptoms
  • We support all students who are isolating due to symptoms or being a close contact of someone with Covid-19, including free food for those who need to isolate in accommodation 
  • We have increased social distancing in classrooms and other learning and teaching settings
  • It is expected that all members of our community have both doses of the COVID-19 vaccination and we have high vaccination rates on campus.

What happens if I am unable to travel to the University due to government-led travel restrictions?

Although all our courses are being delivered in-person and on campus, most January courses will also allow students who may be unable to travel to the UK to study online for the first term, until they can join us in-person.

The following courses can be studied online for the first term if students are unable to get to campus due to travel restrictions: 

BSc Accounting
BSc Business Management
BSc Business Management (top-up)
BSc Business Management and Economics
BSc Business Management and Entrepreneurship
BSc Business Management and Finance
BSc Business Management and Marketing
BSc Human Resource Management
BSc International Business
LLB (Hons) Law
BSc Marketing

MSc Digital Marketing
MSc Global Business Management
MSc Global Financial Management
MSc Global Human Resources Management
MSc Global Marketing
MBA with placement year
MSc Project Management
MSc Computing

We are also showing more flexibility on arrival dates where we can.   

We will seek to take a similar approach, should it be needed, for courses starting in April 2022 and September 2022. Please contact us for more information.

Will I be required to take a test before or after travelling to the UK?

The rules on this change regularly. You can find out more information here. For students starting in January 2022, the University will refund the costs of any tests required post-arrival for international students who enrol with us. The total cost of your tests will be deducted from your fees. 

Testing kits for Covid-19 (lateral flow and PCR) are available for students once they join us on campus free-of-charge

I have yet to arrive on campus and have booked accommodation. What happens if I need to quarantine on arrival or cannot travel due to government restrictions?

As part of a wide range of new support measures for international students, we are offering the following for students moving into on-campus accommodation: 

  • If students are travelling to the UK and visa or flights are such that they will need to come late, their contract will start when they arrive on campus.  
  • If Government guidance at the time is that some students will need to quarantine on arrival at University on-campus accommodation due to government Covid rules, should they still be in place, they will be able to do so free-of-charge and with free food for the duration of this quarantine. 
  • If students are unable to travel to the university due to government Covid restrictions on travel, they will have the right to cancel their accommodation contract, or defer.

What happens if I am in a category of student who needs hotel quarantine on arrival?

The vast majority of arrivals to the UK do not need to stay in managed hotel quarantine. However, if Government guidance at the time means that you are in the category of arrival who needs to quarantine on arrival in a managed hotel quarantine, the University will be able to offer refunds for the cost of this to new students in this category joining in January 2022, on a first-come first-served basis. This will take the form of a reduction in your fees. Please contact us for more information.

What guidelines will I need to follow while on campus?

Over the course of the pandemic, we have introduced measures to reduce the risks presented by coronavirus (COVID-19). In order to reduce the risks further, all students, staff and members of our community must work together to keep one another safe.

Our expectations of students

  • We expect all students to ensure they are vaccinated, unless exempt
  • We expect all students to undertake regular testing to ensure we keep our community safe
  • Face coverings Face coverings are required in most indoors areas across campus, unless someone is exempt.
  • Suspected symptoms We ask that students to not travel to campus or leave your bedroom in halls of residence if you suspect you have any symptoms of coronavirus. You will be able to study remotely and have access to our services remotely if this is the case.
  • Hand washing Regularly wash your hands with soap and water or use hand sanitiser thoroughly and frequently throughout the day.
  • Respecting others Staff may ask you to do things in a slightly different way to what you may have been used to, so please follow their instructions as they are working to ensure everyone stays as safe as possible.
  • Track and trace It is important that we can track and trace who you have come into contact with whilst on campus if there was a coronavirus outbreak. Therefore, you must tap into all on-campus spaces where there is a card reader using your student I.D and pre-book onto events and activities. 
  • Testing You should test regularly and at least twice a week. Home test kits are available from across campus and you can order tests from the NHS here.
  • Students arriving in the UK need to register with a local GP (doctor) as soon as possible
  • Keeping up to date Ensure that you keep up to date with communications from the University about coronavirus (COVID-19). All updates will be posted in the announcements area on the landing page of the student portal (Once you have your Roehampton username and password, you will be able to access the Student Portal). 

Can I take an alternative English if my IELTS centre is closed?

We accept a range of English language qualifications equivalent to IELTS.

We can now offer an online English test should we require you to take one. This test will be available for Roehampton offer holders as a way to demonstrate that they meet the University’s English language requirements. Our online English Test can also be used for entry for online Pre-Sessional English courses.

Please visit our website to find out more about the different options you have to help you meet our English language requirements.

Find out more about our online PSE course here.

The International Team
The University of Roehampton
Tel: +44 (0)20 8392 3192
WhatsApp: +44 (0) 73421 80526
The WhatsApp service is monitored Monday - Friday, 08.30 - 18.00 GMT
Chat to our current students with Unibuddy