Coronavirus: Home Prospective Students, Applicants and Offer Holders
We have a range of measures in place to help keep our community safe, however we strongly advise all of our students to get vaccinated before starting at Roehampton this autumn. For more information on how to book your vaccination, please refer to the National Booking Service.
What does learning and teaching look like this year at Roehampton?
Our beautiful, parkland campus is open and our teaching and all our services are being delivered in-person.
How are you making sure campus is safe?
Since the start of the pandemic, we have introduced a number of measures to help keep our community safe. We are planning to put in place the following safety measures which we will regularly review:
- Face coverings continue to be required in most indoor spaces, unless exempt
- Protective screens will remain in classrooms and social spaces
- Hand sanitiser will be available across campus
- Enhanced cleaning schedules will continue
- Home testing kits will be available across campus and if possible, an on-campus test centre will be re-introduced
- Continued contact tracing for those who develop symptoms
- We will support all students who are isolating due to symptoms or being a close contact of someone with Covid-19
- It is expected that all members of our community have a COVID-19 vaccination.
What guidelines will I need to follow while on campus?
Over the course of the pandemic, we have introduced measures to reduce the risks presented by coronavirus (COVID-19). In order to reduce the risks further, all students, staff and members of our community must work together to keep one another safe.
Our expectations of students
- Suspected symptoms Do not travel to campus or leave your bedroom in halls of residence if you suspect you have any symptoms of coronavirus. You will be able to study remotely if this is the case.
- Face coverings Face coverings are required in most indoors areas across campus unless you are exempt.
- Hand washing Regularly wash your hands with soap and water or use hand sanitiser thoroughly and frequently throughout the day.
- Respecting others Staff may ask you to do things in a slightly different way to what you may have been used to, so please follow their instructions as they are working to ensure everyone stays as safe as possible.
- Track and trace It is important that we can track and trace who you have come into contact with whilst on campus if there was a coronavirus outbreak. Therefore, you must tap into all on-campus spaces where there is a card reader using your student I.D and pre-book onto events and activities.
- Testing You should test regularly and at least twice a week. Home test kits are available from across campus and you can order tests from the NHS here.
- Keeping up to date Ensure that you keep up to date with communications from the University about coronavirus (COVID-19). All updates will be posted in the announcements area on the landing page of the student portal (Once you have your Roehampton username and password, you will be able to access the Student Portal).
When is the deadline to apply to Roehampton for September 2021 entry?
Do you have facilities for students who need to self-isolate?
The University has in place isolation procedures and quarantine facilities for any students who need to self-isolate, including dedicated flats that will have food supplies delivered. The University's on-campus Student Medical Centre will remain open and work in partnership with the University to ensure the wellbeing of all students. This includes setting up a testing process for students.
When can I apply for Student Finance?
Student Finance applications for Home undergraduate students starting in September 2021 are now open here. We have lots of resources to help you. If you have any questions about your student finance application you should check here.
Student Finance applications for Home postgraduate students starting in September 2021 have not yet opened, but will be available here at a future date.
How will the University make sure that my accommodation is safe?
The University has put in place a number of measures, to ensure our accommodation is safe for you to live in and enjoy. These include enhanced cleaning, the following of government guidance and isolation plans for students who show symptoms.
Do you provide cycling and parking facilities on campus?
We provide excellent cycling facilities across our campus, on the Roehampton Lane site, at Whitelands and at Mount Clare. This includes bike storage, showers and lockers.
We also have expanded our student parking available on and around campus.
Finally, we have a free university double-decker bus service, which complements our already excellent transport links. This additional service will implement all the measures that TfL have introduced across their services.
Find out more about commuting to Roehampton here.
Do you have financial support available for students?
Yes, at Roehampton we have a wider range of scholarships and financial support options available. For undergraduate students, you can find out more here. For postgraduate taught students, you can find out more here.
We also have plenty of support for commuting students, including a free bus service. You can find out more here.