Staff Development Advisory Group
|Deputy Provost, Academic Enhancement (Chair):||Professor Julie Hall|
|HR Learning Adviser, Learning & Development (Secretary):||Beatrice Gordon|
|Dance / Drama, Theatre & Performance/ English & Creative Writing:||Davina Ferneyhough|
|Life Sciences / Psychology:||Karen Archer|
|Business School / Media, Culture & Languages/ & Social Sciences:||Julie Warne|
|Departmental Representatives (not all departments to be represented, buddy system to be considered):|
|Estates & Campus Services:||Paul Markham-James|
|Human Resources||Jane Rockel|
|Learning, Technology & Media Services:||Susan Scorey|
|Professional Services Departments HR representative:||Caroline del Cura|
|Recruitment & International Development:||Anne Philpott|
|Student Experience:||Adrienne Chant|
|Director, Human Resources (ex officio)||Joanna Brooks|
|Delivery Department Representatives:|
|Human Resources:||Heidi Davies|
|Academic Enhancement:||Bridget Middlemas|
|(others in attendance for specific meetings – eg a Health & Safety member for H&S issyes; IT & Media Services member for delivery issues; Communications member for communications issues.|
|Content Provider representative: to be co-opted as required|
|IiP internal review team representative: to be co-opted as required|
|Departments to be 'buddied' by one of the above representatives (and/or to receive the minutes for information):|
|Alumni & Fundraising - Eleanor Merrick|
|Planning - Baljit Kaur|
|Graduate School – Gillian Baldwin|
|Secretariat and Legal - Gillian Baldwin|
|Students' Union – Bridget Middlemas|
Terms of Reference
- To review the provision of staff development across the University against the objectives set out in the University Strategic Plan, HR Strategy, Departmental Operating Plans, staff development plans and the work of other University bodies and departments, e.g. LTQC and Academic Enhancement.
- To devise a University of Roehampton Staff Development Strategy.
- To keep under review the content and delivery of mandatory staff development provision; to report annually on levels of participation.
- To manage the central staff development provision annually including the staff induction programme, management development programmes and appraisal training; to consider appropriate timing and phasing of provision; to respond to changing needs identified (e.g. through appraisal) and devise new programmes accordingly; to ensure appropriate learning outcomes are identified for each programme.
- To oversee any review processes measuring levels of management and staff development, management and staff communications, staff engagement, for example with CUE, the UKPSF framework and staff survey.
- To review and produce guidelines, review processes and procedures to support the implementation of a staff development strategy.
- To co-ordinate a University-wide annual report to Senate to include an evaluation of the outcomes and benefits of staff development investment; to produce reports as appropriate for decision to Senate
- To coordinate University-wide reports for information to Employment Committee and JNCC.
Senate (annual report and recommendations for decision)
Employment Committee (for information on activity)
JNCC (for information on activity)
Updated: January 2015