|University Secretary (Chair)||Andrew Skinner|
|A Deputy Provost nominated by Deputy Provosts||Dr Stephen Driver|
|Academic Registrar (or nominee)||Ranjit Sahota|
|Director of Human Resources (or nominee/s)||Jo Brooks|
|Head of Disability Services||Lisa Forbes|
|Head of Wellbeing||Dr Aleata Alstad-Calkins|
|Legal Officer||Kim Small|
|Representative of the Chaplaincy||Asgar Rajput|
|RSU Sabbatical Officer nominated by President (usually VP Welfare)||George Cole|
|Two students nominated by RSU President (usually Equalities Officer or similar)||Brandon Campbell
|Athena Swan Chair||Dr Diane Bray|
|Trades Unions representatives:|
|Secretary (Secretariat Officer)||Alison Bainbridge|
Members unable to attend meetings are encouraged to nominate an alternate to attend and vote in their place. Alternates are not listed.
The Committee may co-opt or invite other members of the University staff or student body or invite representatives of external organisations to attend meetings as necessary. (e.g. Medical Centre staff, Head of Careers, the Head of Accommodation Services)
1. To develop the University Strategy in relation to diversity and equal opportunities matters.
2. To ensure that appropriate policies and procedures are in place with respect to the University’s obligations under diversity and equality legislation.
3. To provide guidance and leadership on improving equality of opportunity and fostering good relations across the University.
4. To monitor the implementation and effectiveness of policy and procedures relating to diversity and equal opportunities, and to recommend changes where appropriate particularly in respect of:
• staff recruitment, development, management and promotion;
• student recruitment, admissions and retention; and,
• the pattern of teaching and learning, and assessment and achievement.
5. To review, at least annually, the profile of Roehampton staff and students.
6. To report annually to Senate and Council on the fulfilment of the University’s statutory obligations in respect of equality and diversity.
7. To establish working groups as appropriate.
8. To undertake any other functions that may be assigned to the Committee by Senate.
The Equality & Diversity Committee shall meet on at least three occasions per annum.
The Committee will be serviced via the University Secretariat.
Equalities Review Working Group
Athena Swan Working Group
Updated: November 2015