Get practical advice on managing your money from the University's Money Doctors with leaflets, audio files, workshops or a personal appointment.
- Find Money Doctors in the Student Information Centre
- Check out our Budget Planner
- Download a Spending Diary
- Get on track with our Forward Planning checklist
- Read The Crunch
- Budgeting: Budgeting skills; maximising income, minimising spending.
- Priority and non-priority debts: The real implications of your bills.
- Living independently: What's the real cost of moving out of halls? Jargon-busting in the private rental system.
- Income Tax: The system and how it works; forms and documentation; dealing with the tax office; rebates; National Insurance contributions.
- Postgraduate finance: Career development loans; charities; working opportunities; changes to graduate banking.
You can get information leaflets and attend workshops on all these topics: Contact us for more information (see below).
The sooner debt problems are dealt with the less likely they are going to result in a crisis. The Money Doctors service aims to help you deal with your finances so you are in control of them and they are not in control of you.
Budget, budget, budget: it’s the only way. Be realistic: don't say you spend £20 on your social life if you really spend £100.