- Recent placements we have offered our students have included posts at leading sporting organisations including Chelsea Football Club, Cyrstal Palace Football Club, Harlequins Rugby Club and the Lawn Tennis Association.
- Benefit from excellent access to state-of-the-art laboratory facilities in which you can conduct your research and learn advanced laboratory techniques.
- Flexible programme allowing the opportunity to specialise in sport and exercise physiology (nutrition) or biomechanics to attain a degree in Sport & Exercise Science (Physiology) or Sport & Exercise Science (Biomechanics).
The programme gives you the opportunity to critically examine the theoretical bases of science in understanding sport and exercise, the assessment methods and their practical application within physiology, psychology and biomechanics.
This programme will enable you to gain a critical appreciation of a multi-disciplinary approach to contemporary issues in sport and exercise science, along with the assessment of performance and support for the exerciser and athlete. You will be equipped to critically analyse and evaluate complex and specialised assessment and support techniques in sport and exercise, and to select the most appropriate methods for clients from one (or all) of the disciplines of biomechanics, physiology and psychology.
In helping you build on your practical skills, the course will enable you to understand the relationships between theoretical concepts and current techniques of assessment and support, through a range of practice-based learning and assessment where you will benefit from the feedback of staff and peers. This course will give you opportunities to gain knowledge and understanding in applied ways in relation to sport and exercise science field.
You will be able to select a range of modules from the three key disciplines in the programme, psychology, biomechanics, and physiology, and specialise in one for your own research project (for example, sport and exercise physiology, exercise nutrition, psychology or biomechanics).
Key modules will look at traditional, contemporary and innovative approaches in the disciplines for understanding, evaluating, and supporting clients. Other modules on offer allow you to study more in-depth knowledge and its application in sport and exercise science, such as nutrition, psychology of sport performance, neuromuscular function, and human gait.
- MSc Research Dissertation
- Research Methods
- Laboratory Skills in Exercise Physiology and Biomechanics
- Current Topics in Exercise Physiology
- Biomechanical Measurement and Technology
- Psychology of Sport and Performance
- Neuromusculoskeletal Function
Compulsory and Required modules
Compulsory and/or required modules may change when we review and update programmes. Above is a list of modules offered this academic year.
Optional modules, when offered as part of a programme, may vary from year to year and are subject to viability.
Pathways include teaching, coaching, sport public relations and promotion, sports consultant and lecturer, or further academic study. Graduates of this programme will be prepared for careers as exercise physiologists, biomechanists, performance consultants, researchers, health care professionals, and data analysts.
Life at Roehampton
At Roehampton, we can offer all new students the opportunity to live in accommodation on our beautiful parkland campus, including affordable and high-end options.
We offer scholarships, provide hardship funding and help you find advice on managing your finances while you study.
We provide plenty of opportunities for you to get involved, through volunteering, playing sport or music, or joining one of our many active student societies.