CPD Course in Existential-Analytic Psychotherapy and Counselling
Suitable for psychological therapists and those in the helping professions.
- Develop your therapeutic relational abilities to help others be clearer about the meaning of their experiences and desires in a post postmodern world
- Learn through a practice-based programme in the historical setting of Parkstead House, Whitelands College, University of Roehampton, London (Thursday evenings and one Saturday a term)
- Consider the implications of what emerges in practice through humanistic, existential, psychoanalytic, postmodern and feminist ideas as well as the arts and humanities
- Develop critical perspectives theoretically and politically on psychotherapy and the nature of psychotherapeutic knowledge
- Be part of a learning community facilitated by university lecturers who are also practitioners and researchers
- Develop through exploration of key texts, experiential group and clinical supervision
- Critically re-examine existential and psychoanalytic ideas in the light of contemporary cultural, including political, developments
- Hear from a wide range of international and national visiting speakers
The programme has been running for over 10 years and is a development of the work carried out by the Research Centre for Therapeutic Education, designed in response to consistent requests from students for both a training in existential-analytic psychotherapy and a form of continuous professional development for therapeutic practitioners and researchers.
The fee per term will be £275.00. Paid annually £750.00 p.a. Students can join the programme at the start of any academic term.
Places are confirmed by application only. Please apply here and send to:
Rachael Furminger, CPD & Short Courses Manager, Department of Psychology
Tel: 0208 392 3795, Email: firstname.lastname@example.org
Loewenthal, D. & Snell, R. (2003) ‘Post-modernism for psychotherapists: A critical reader’, Routledge
Loewenthal, D. (ed) (2011) ‘Post-existentialism and the psychological therapies: Towards a therapy without foundations’, London: Karnac
Loewenthal,D.(ed) (2015) Critical Psychotherapy, Psychoanalysis and Counselling: Implications for practice, London: Palgrave Macmillan
Location and booking information
Autumn Term 4/10/2018 - 6/12/2018 (Reading week: 25/10/18)
Spring Term 10/1/2019 - 4/4/2019 (Reading week: 14/2/19)
Summer Term 2/5/2019 - 4/7/2019 (Reading week: 30/5/19)
Saturday meetings 10.00am- 5.00pm
|Time||Thursday evenings 6.00-9.00pm|
|Duration||9 weeks per term. For each term, there will be a mid-term reading week.|
|Price||£275.00 per term, or £750 for 3 terms|
|Payment||Via the University estore; see "Book your Place" below|
|Venue||Room 2001, Whitelands College, University of Roehampton|
|Address||Whitelands College, University of Roehampton, Holybourne Avenue, London SW15 4JD|
Book your place (Booking available once application is accepted).