- 92% of the University of Roehampton students are in work or further education within 6 months of graduating (DLHE results 2017)
- One to one careers advice to build your experience and skills in readiness for a competitive job market
- Learn in a personalised and friendly small class environment
- Graduate ‘business ready’, with the confidence to adapt to a changing environment and with a detailed understanding of entrepreneurial mind-sets
- Well-connected with central locations in London and Birmingham
- September, January and June start dates so you can begin your studies at a time that suits you
- Four year extended degree programme designed to develop your academic skills with a foundation year to prepare you for degree-level study
- Evening and weekend options available for when you need to fit your studies around your personal commitments
This degree is ideal if you’re thinking of starting your own business or leading new business activities in existing companies. In a global economy, the ability to discover and develop new and innovative opportunities is something employers value.
Entrepreneurship is the act of being an entrepreneur, which can be defined as "one who undertakes innovations and business acumen in an effort to transform innovations into economic goods". This may mean creating a new company or might mean revitalising a mature organisation in response to a perceived opportunity.
This course will give you a strong grounding in managing organisations, operations and people. You’ll have the opportunity to develop a real business plan with practical advice from successful entrepreneurs.
The extended degree programme includes a foundation year, which will provide you with a sound introduction to key elements needed for studying business at degree level. Our extended degree programmes in the Business School give students a thorough and supportive academic preparation for study. The foundation year is carefully designed to build confidence in your abilities, develop essential academic and study skills, and provide the subject specific knowledge essential for success.
During the foundation year, you will take modules in English and Maths which will develop your core academic and study skills. The syllabus includes a year-long module relevant to your chosen degree subject such as Business Essentials. This will provide you with a subject specific knowledge in Business which is essential for success in your degree.
In Year 1 you will gain a broad understanding of business covering a range of areas including marketing, accounting, how technology is used in the creative industries, the principles of economics and how all these functions and more work together.
Your second year will allow you the chance to explore the area of entrepreneurship in more depth, together with modules that explore key business functions such as operations and logistics, together with project management.
In your final year you will explore what is involved in developing a business strategy, how to manage and implement innovations together with exploring the ethical challenges of running a business.
English Academic Skills 1
English Academic Skills 2
Mathematical Functional Skills Essentials
Business Essentials Introduction
Business Essentials Advanced
Extended Academic Induction
Business Organisation and Environment in a Global Context
Introduction to Finance and Accounting for Managers
Understanding Self and Others
Introduction to Management
Analysing Information and Data for Problem Solving
Principles of Marketing and Communications in a Digital World
Business Readiness (Year 2)
Managing People and Careers
Understanding Operations, Logistics & Supply Chain Management
Business Readiness (Year 3)
Business Ethics & Responsible Management
Business and Management Dissertation (Part 1)
Applied Corporate Strategy
Business and Management Dissertation (Part 2)