- 92% of the University of Roehampton students are in work or further education within 6 months of graduating (DLHE results 2017)
- One to one careers advice to build your experience and skills in readiness for a competitive job market
- Learn in a personalised and friendly small class environment
- Graduate ‘business ready’, with a clear understanding of how you can add value to organisations and society
- Well-connected with central locations in London, Birmingham and Manchester (from January 2018)
- September, January and June start dates so you can begin your studies at a time that suits you
The BSc Business Management provides an excellent foundation for future business leaders, whether you want to work within an organisation or aspire to run your own enterprise.
You will gain highly competitive business skills in a supportive and inspiring environment, with modules covering a wide range of business topics taught by experienced tutors, you will be learning about real-life and contemporary business approaches.
This course is delivered as part of a partnership between the University of Roehampton and QA Higher Education. The programme is validated by the University, and taught by QA Higher Education.
In Year 1, you will acquire a greater understanding of the core principles in business management. Specifically designed to address the issues of the modern business environment. Example modules for Year 1 include: Business Organisations & Environment in a Global Context, Understanding Self & Others, Introduction to Finance & Accounting for Managers, Introduction to Management, Principles of Marketing & Communications in a Digital World, and Analysing Information & Data for Problem Solving.
In Year 2, you will be given the opportunity to undertake modules that examine key business management approaches alongside key principles, theories and techniques. Modules studied in Year 2 are likely to include: Managing People & Careers, Operations, Logistics & Supply Chain Management, Entrepreneurship Opportunity, Project Management, Cross-Cultural Management, and Retail Theory and Practice.
In your final year, you will be given the chance to work on a business project. Modules studied are likely to include: Business Ethics & Responsible Management, Business & Management Dissertation 1, Entrepreneurship Development, Applied Corporate Strategy, Managing Innovation, and Business & Management Dissertation 2.
Extended Academic Induction
Business Organisations & Environment in a Global Context
Understanding Self & Others
Introduction to Finance & Accounting for Managers
Introduction to Management
Principles of Marketing & Communications in a Digital World
Analysing Information & Data for Problem Solving
Managing People & Careers
Operations, Logistics & Supply Chain Management
Retail Theory and Practice
Business Ethics & Responsible Management
Business & Management Dissertation 1
Applied Corporate Strategy
Business & Management Dissertation 2