Dr Leigh Gibson
- Influences on appetite and food choice, and their interaction with stress, health, and cognitive and emotional well-being;
- Understanding processes controlling people's habitual diet, attempts at dietary change, weight control and disordered eating;
- Psychological and physiological mechanisms underlying dietary habit formation, especially the role of learning;
- but also including influences of nutrition and stress on brain/behaviour and cardiovascular adaptations protecting health.
Dr Diane Bray
- Risk-taking behaviour;
- Individual differences;
- Perception of crime, Mood and cognition;
- Teaching and learning strategies;
- Statistics anxiety.
Professor Robert Edelmann
- Chronic blushing/social embarrassment and social phobia;
- psychological aspects of infertility and the reproductive technologies;
- phobic anxiety and stress at work;
- assessment of chronic pain and post traumatic stress disorder;
- stress and covert policing and forensic analysts exposed to child abuse material in the context of their work.
Dr Pamela Kenealy
- Clinical Health Psychology and Neuropsychology;
- Autobiographical memory and depression in multiple sclerosis and ageing;
- Memory specificity and the generality effect in complex neurodisability and depression;
- Quality of life in multiple sclerosis, complex neurodisability and older adults;
- Disconnection Syndrome and perception of affect in multiple sclerosis;
- The effects of mood on memory;
- state-dependent retrieval;
- Evaluation of psychological and health gain from orthodontic treatment.
Dr Karin S. Moser
- Social and organisational psychology;
- Cooperative behaviour and decision-making at work, with respect to knowledge transfer and information-sharing;
- individual and group behaviour;
- perception and motivation and the wider organisational context of management and leadership.
Dr Marcia Worrell
Honorary Research Fellows
Professor J. Graham Beaumont
Dr Urmi Biswas
Professor David Crighton
Professor Siegfried Gauggel
Professor Silvia Schneider
Professor Claus Vögele
Honorary Professorial Fellow
Professor J. Allan Hobson