The nature of the work of the centre means that our members are often involved with outside local, national and international agencies to transfer their knowledge and experience beyond an academic setting. Below you will find some examples of the impact of our work:
- Sights and insights: the use of photography, narrative writing, and metaphor as techniques of pedagogic documentation for Oxford Brookes University, January 2013.
- Thinking and working creatively: the use of photography, narrative writing, and metaphor as techniques of pedagogic documentation for Riverside Children's Centre, Kent, February 2013.
- Teaching and learning through pedagogic documentation: The use of photography, narrative, metaphor, and word play for Young Children's Creative Thinking: 10 years of the Froebel Research Fellowship Project, 2002-2012, London, 2012.
- Listening to children: the use of photography and pedagogic documentation techniques for Hammersmith and Fulham Education Authority (Early Years), 2011.
- 'Making Learning Visible' a journey of self-study and collaboration for Hounslow Education Authority (Early Years), 2010.
- How do young children express their creative thinking?: Invited keynote to Surrey Early Years and Childcare Service & Arts Partnership Surrey, Woking, Surrey, 2013.
- Steering Group member of Eastwood Early Years Teaching Centre Reference Group (Wandsworth), 2011-13.
- 'Young children's creative thinking': Co-organiser, Day conference for practitioners and policymakers, University of Roehampton, 2012.
- 'Creative Thinking': Continuing professional development at Eastwood Centre for Children and Families, Wandsworth, 2012.
- 'Creative Thinking in Young Children': Inaugural address to CSLtd (teaching school consortium), Wiltshire, 2012.
- 'Listening to Children': Continuing professional development in Hammersmith & Fulham, 2011.
- 'Outdoor Learning': Led Authority-wide collaborative project between University, Hounslow Local Authority and early childhood settings in the maintained, private and voluntary sectors, 2009-11.
- 'Buddying: the impact for children, parents and practitioners': Collaboration with Lambeth Local Authority on 2 DVDs for practitioners, 2009-11.
- Expert panel member advising on Tickell Review of EYFS to DfE, 2010.
- 'Hearing Children's Voices': Continuing professional development to Singapore early childhood educators at EtonHouse, Singapore, 2010.
- 'Exploring the Rules of Engagement via Exemplars: enhancing staff and student dialogue about assessment and learning practice': Partner with Professor Kay Sambell (Northumbria University) on ESCALATE-funded project: Reports and other materials can be found here, 2010.
- Adventurous Play Outdoors: A Froebelian perspective. Canterbury Christchurch University Conference, keynote speaker, 2011.
- Play Outdoors , Risk and Challenge Essex Early Years Network Conference, keynote speaker, 2011.
- Adventurous Play Outdoors Pre School Learning Alliance Conference, York, keynote speaker 2010.
- Risk, Adventure & the Dangers of Safety . TACTYC Annual Conference , Birmingham , keynote speaker, 2010.
- Blockplay: Reflecting on Roles and Relationships. Froebel Block Play Conference. Roehampton University, keynote speaker, 2010.
- Adventurous Play Outdoors - Creating Challenging Environments'. Children in Wales conference Cardiff, keynote speaker, 2010.
- Creating Challenging spaces for Play. Celebrating the Great Outdoors Conference. Lancashire County Council, keynote speaker, 2010.
- Risk and Challenge in Play Outdoors. Firm Foundations: Challenging Learners Conference, Lancashire County Council. keynote speaker, 2010.
- Designing Outdoor Learning Spaces, Suffolk Primary Headteachers' Conference Essex, speaker, 2009.
- Eurochild network, chair of Thematic Working Group on Early Years Education www.eurochild.org
- Equality and Diversity Early Childhood National Network (EDENN), Ireland. Member of scientific advisory board www.edenn.org
- European network 'Diversity in Early Childhood Education and Training' (DECET). www.decet.org
- International 'Romani Early Years Network' (REYN). Founding member http://www.facebook.com/groups/Romani.Early.Years.Network/
- Policy dialogue on Early Childhood Education and Care between the European Union and Australia.