The Sport and Exercise Science Research Centre is made up of academic staff and research students committed to research excellence in sport, exercise, nutrition and health sciences. We are a vibrant group with internal and external collaborative partners including industry and NHS England. Our research facilities have recently received over £250,000 of investment in state-of-the-art equipment located in specialist research and teaching spaces - a physiology laboratory, environmental chamber, cell-culture and wet laboratories, psychology and biomechanics laboratories. We run a regular seminar programme during the academic year.
Our portfolio of research is encompassed within a number of multidisciplinary research themes including:
- Neuromuscular Function in Performance and Health
- Extreme Environments
- Pathomechanics following Amputation and Injury
- Biomechanics and Motor Control
- Human Performance
- Well-Being and Health
- Molecular and Tissue-specific responses to Nutritional Intake and Exercise
- Exercise Metabolism and Health
If you are interested in potential PhD opportunities with us please visit this page.