Law Careers Service
The Careers Service takes a personalised approach to professional development which will help you put your legal skills into practice for career success. Whether you are looking for a training contract, pupillage, or another career in the legal profession, we will support you to achieve your goals.
Our dedicated Law Careers Advisor will ease your transition from student to confident legal professional. While studying at Roehampton Law School, you will meet one-to-one with our careers adviser to identify and develop your strengths and you will create a realistic career plan that evolves with your interests.
The Law sector is tough and competitive, but we will help you gain the qualities needed to stand out from the crowd. You will be introduced to our established networks such as with legal graduate recruiters. You will receive practical advice and participate in tailored workshops to ensure you target the right firms and chambers for your legal career and submit outstanding job applications.
Our bespoke legal career services include:
- Guidance for the career pathways to all legal professions.
- How to write effective CVs, cover-letters and applications.
- Access to our network of career and work experience opportunities.
- Learn from leading London law firms in employer-led workshops.
- Practise your skills in bespoke mock interviews.
- Assessment centre preparation using real-life scenarios and group exercises.
- Commercial awareness training.
- Networking and research skills to get your foot in the door with future employers.
- Access to workshops to develop your professionalism and career skills.
- How to prepare for interviews and advice on negotiating and securing work.
- This support continues after graduation.