Our aim is to make sport and physical activity as inclusive, welcoming and open to all of our students. We are working towards a programme that:
- Supports our students to be active and engaged
- Highlights and addresses issues that our students and the wider community face and helps overcome or remove barriers to participation
- Upskills and trains our clubs, activities and students to challenge issues, support others and make sport for all.
We deliver a range of student-led campaigns, events and activities in partnership with other university services and partners. These are supported by training sessions, workshops, and other development opportunities for students.
Both our staff and student committee members attend various workshops, addressing themes such as:
- Mental health and wellbeing
- Discrimination in sport
- Disability/inclusive sport
- Consent/sexual assault/lad culture
- Alcohol/substance misuse
Roehampton is a ‘Global Diversity Champion Member’ of equality charity Stonewall. We moved 211 places up the leader board in 2019- the biggest leap ever by any organisation! Check out our achievements here.