Our aim is to make sport and physical activity as inclusive, welcoming and open to all of our students. We are working towards a programme that:
- Supports our students to be active and engaged
- Highlights and addresses issues that our students and the wider community face and helps overcome or remove barriers to participation
- Upskills and trains our clubs, activities and students to challenge issues, support others and make sport for all.
We will be delivering a range of student led campaigns, events and activities in partnership with other university services and partners. These will be supported by training sessions, workshops and other development opportunities for students.
Themes we will be addressing
- Mental health and wellbeing
- Discrimination in sport
- Disability/inclusive sport
- Consent/sexual assault/lad culture
- Alcohol/substance misuse