The Al-Habeeb Scholarship
We offer one cash scholarships to a high-achieving home/EU undergraduate student from a disadvantaged community who might otherwise be prevented financially from attending university. This scholarship is made possible thanks to the generosity of Mr Mohammad Habeebullah OBE JP.
The scholarship will take the form of a £1,000 cash scholarship during the first two terms of undergraduate study at the University and will be available for one undergraduate student joining Roehampton in September 2021.
To qualify for this scholarship, you must:
- be from a BAME background or a student whose household income means they are eligible for the full UK maintenance loan
- have home or EU fee status
- have accepted an offer from Roehampton, and,
- be predicted to meet or exceed the required A level grades or equivalent upon application.
- You must apply to Roehampton through UCAS and accept an offer from us.
- Once your application is confirmed and you have accepted an offer from the University you can apply for the scholarship.
- If you meet the above entry criteria, you must submit a 250-word submission outlining: a) how they hope the scholarship will impact their time at university as part of the Roehampton community or b) how they hope to be an advocate and champion for the issues facing BAME or low income / disadvantaged communities during their studies and after completing their programme (past experiences can be highlighted).
- A small panel comprising University staff will meet to choose the two successful applicants.