The Sacred Heart Sanctuary Scholarship
The Sacred Heart Sanctuary Scholarship is designed to support those who might otherwise be unable to access higher education funding as a result of their immigration status.
The scholarship entitles recipients to the following support for each year of undergraduate study:
- a full tuition fee waiver;
- 52 weeks of paid for on-campus accommodation per year (where required).
- access to a Maintenance Grant equivalent to the maximum government Maintenance Loan for each academic year.
The Sanctuary Scholarship will be awarded to one student who meets the following criteria:
- Currently living in the UK with a UK postcode;
- Meet or exceed their predicted A level grades or equivalent;
- Applying to study an undergraduate degree programme at the University of Roehampton (including four year extended degrees);
- Are seeking asylum or humanitarian protection in the UK, or a dependent or partner of someone seeking asylum who has the following status:
- Humanitarian protection status – a residual form of protection available to those not eligible for refugee status, who do not have a right to subsidiary protection but cannot be removed from national territory because of objective and serious personal situations;
- Discretionary/limited leave to remain on human rights grounds including UASC (unaccompanied asylum seeking children) - granted to people who are able to prove to the Home Office that their circumstances are compelling on compassionate grounds or are such that they can be granted leaveoutside UK Immigration Rules;
- Submitted an asylum claim in the UK – a person who has asked for asylum in the UK; and is waiting for a decision from the Government on that claim.
- Are unable to access UK Government Student Finance (tuition fee loans or maintenance loans/grants) by virtue of their immigration status.
Recipients must progress to the next year of study to be eligible for the scholarship the following year.
The Scholarship recipient will not be required to reapply to the scholarship for each year of undergraduate study.
This scholarship can be combined with any other undergraduate scholarship.
Details of the value of the government Maintenance Loans will be available at the link.
If the successful applicant does not require on campus accommodation, then this part of the Scholarship can be waived. No additional financial support will be provided in place of this.
The Scholarship will be paid in three termly instalments.
Deadline for scholarship applications: 31 August 2022.
If you have any further questions about the Sacred Heart Sanctuary Scholarship please email firstname.lastname@example.org.