Situated on a beautiful parkland campus in the heart of south-west London, the University of Roehampton has a proud history stretching back 175 years through our four Colleges. Our history informs our ethos, built on community and partnership.
We are committed to ensuring that all of our students, regardless of their background, fulfil their potential. They become the kind of graduate that employers value: a confident, critical thinker; adaptable, able to work well with people from all walks of life and with an ongoing passion for learning.
We are also committed to being a great place to work. We provide a supportive community for our diverse range of staff, with an excellent range of employee benefits and development opportunities. As a Roehampton employee, you will have access to a wide range of staff discounts and reward schemes, from health & wellbeing services to help covering the costs of your commute.
The Roehampton benefit package (more detailed information available on appointment)
- Generous annual leave allowances and 3-4 days shutdown over Christmas
- Access to a staff pension scheme 26 weeks paid maternity leave/enhanced adoption and shared parental leave
- Staff with parental responsibilities can access childcare vouchers that are free of tax and national insurance.
- The University is supportive of working flexibly.
- Preferential rates on mortgages with Santander and other financial products. Staff can also apply for Santander Scholarships and Awards.
Interest Free Loans
- Interest-free loan for a season ticket
- Interest-free loan for Accommodation (deposit) when relocating to work at Roehampton
- Cycle To Work Scheme enabling up to one third saving on purchase of a bike and equipment
- Interest-free loan to support EU and staff from outside the EU to seek UK residency/registration
- 24/7 Employee assistance line providing emotional, financial and legal advice www.carefirst-lifestyle.co.uk
- Roehampton's Roeactive gym offers competitive rates for gym membership for staff.
- Nuffield Health offers all University of Roehampton employees who are members of Roeactive an opportunity to join their gyms at a discounted corporate rate (of up to 30% off).
- Access to an occupational health service
- Free Eye Tests for staff who regularly use VDUs
- Free flu jabs
- Voluntary membership of a group health insurance scheme, PPP and BUPA is available on preferential terms when quoting Roehampton University.
- You can also get discounted health insurance quotes from a wide range of providers via www.uni-health.co.uk
- The University campus resides in beautiful grounds
High street and local discounts
- Staff can save money online and on the high street through an NUS Extra card, providing discounts at a wide range of well-known high street brands.
- Eligible to join Costco.
- Discounts with the following local businesses:
- 20% off at the Telegraph, Putney Heath, if you show your staff ID when ordering food.
- 10% off at the Kings Head, Roehampton Lane, if you show your staff ID when ordering food.
- 15% off of the a la carte lunch menu at Annie's in Barnes. Monday to Friday. Reservations only. Please quote 'Local Business Offer'.
- 25% off at 'Hair Republic' Hairdressers in Putney.