New students can apply now for accommodation for September 2013. You must have a firm offer from the University of Roehampton and your Roehampton Student ID number to use this service. This number can be found on your letter/email of confirmation from the University and begins with the first three letters of your surname. It may also be referred to as your Student reference. If you should have any difficulty with locating this, please contact Accommodation Services. Please also read through the University of Roehampton allocation procedure before making an application. Notes on how to complete the application can be found below. Continuing students can apply now for accommodation at Mount Clare (part of Froebel College). We take applications throughout the year and if there is not a room you will be put on a waiting list.
When completing the online application, you must select your preferred College for your accommodation – the University of Roehampton is made up of four Colleges – Digby Stuart, Froebel, Southlands and Whitelands. Many students prefer to live close to where their classes take place – check the College pages to see where your classes will be held.You can include any additional information that will help us to place you in the most suitable accommodation (for instance if you prefer to live on a particular floor or in a single-sex flat). If you have a medical condition that is not a disability, but means you need an en-suite room, please include this information. We will require evidence from your doctor to support this request.
You need to enter your details on the online form as shown below:
On receipt of a 2013/14 room offer you will need to pay a £250 deposit online to accept the room. Your offer will be sent by email and needs to be responded to within five working days to secure your room.You will also be requested to provide your payment details online when accepting your room offer. Payments are taken in three instalments and are in line with the student loan payments. The first term payment is slightly delayed to allow for loans to be processed. Full details will be provided with your accommodation offer.Rental periods for 2013/14 contracts are:
• 35 weeks for undergraduate students at Whitelands (starting 15th September 2013 with three week break during Easter)
• 36 weeks for undergraduate students in Aldersgate and part of Bede (starting 15th September 2013)
• 38 weeks for undergraduate students (starting 15th September 2013)
• 43 weeks for PGCE students (starting 1st September 2013)
• 47 weeks and 3 days for postgraduate and mature students (starting 11th September 2013).All contract lengths include the Christmas and Easter vacations except undergraduate Whitelands as above. All halls are self-catered.See our accommodation FAQs.