Taught higher degrees

You are usually expected to hold a good second-class honours degree (or above) from an approved university or college in the UK, or a recognised degree from abroad. Advice on recognition may be obtained from the Admissions Manager. Non-graduates with appropriate professional or other qualifications may be accepted on an individual basis by course conveners; details on who to contact can be found in the full details on each course page. Applicants who do not meet the usual entry criteria may be admitted as associate students in the first instance. Progression to registration on the full award will then depend on successful completion of one or two courses, as determined by the course convener.

Language requirements

To follow your chosen programme successfully, you will need to be fluent in written and spoken English. These are the qualifications in English regarded by the University of Roehampton as an acceptable minimum level of competence:

If you have not quite yet reached this standard, or feel that you would benefit from a course in English before you start your degree, you can take a preparation or pathway course at Roehampton.

The Pre-Sessional English course is for students who just need to develop their English. In comparison, the Graduate Certificate is for those who would like to build their academic study skills and subject knowledge prior to postgraduate study. We also offer a Graduate Diploma which combines English language with academic study skills and subject knowledge to support your transition in to studying for a postgraduate degree.