Southlands College has a beautiful modern Chapel. It is open weekdays and you can drop in at any time. It is a place where whatever your faith you can relax away from your studies and reflect and meet other friendly students. There are events ranging from Christian worship to discussions to socials. You can have quiet time on your own or come in and light a candle, explore volunteering opportunities or engage with social justice issues.
You will see and get to know the chaplains about the university and they are here should you need a listening ear, have something to celebrate, are going through a difficult time or just fancy a chat about life, faith or the universe!
Other University Chaplains are available including our Muslim Chaplain is Sabiha Iqbal.
Regular mid-week events during term time are:
- Refresh – 10.30am every weekday morning, coffee and prayer
- Community Lunch – 12.30pm every Tuesday at The Base (Digby Stuart)
- Tea and Toast – 4-6pm every Wednesday
- Oasis – 1pm every Thursday
- Sunday Gathering – a programme of Sunday evening worship, sometimes meeting on campus followed by a social in The Base, other times going as a group to visit one of the many churches London has to offer.
Southlands has Muslim prayer rooms on the ground floor of Queen's Building (QB054 and QB055). Friday prayers are held in Digby Stuart College in Howard 001/002.
The chaplains are part of the wider university-wide chaplaincy team which includes provision for all faiths and seeks to encourage people of different faiths to learn more about each other. Do follow us on social media to keep up to date with events: