How we spend
For every £ we receive this is how we spent it in 2017-18
Every penny we make we spend on improving the student experience, including providing high quality teaching, world-class facilities and a wide range of student support services.
The largest portion of our outgoings are spent on delivering teaching to our students: 43p in every £1.
We spend this money on teaching costs, course materials and academic staff development, to ensure our students receive the highest quality of teaching.
Our courses offer fantastic opportunities for all of our students, with a focus on equipping them with the skills they need to succeed in the workplace. We offer all students the chance to study abroad, access to language courses and our excellent teaching and learning facilities.
Did you know?
- Tuition fees are not just about funding your course. The funding they provide is vital for ensuring Roehampton students have an excellent wider student experience.
- Our funding allows us to provide students with access to a wide range of support services, including welfare support, financial guidance, mental health support and extensive learning support. They also allow us to provide students with access to sports and music facilities.
- Over the last 5 years we have invested over £85 million on redeveloping and transforming the university campus. The University now has a world-class Library, which has state of the art facilities, hundreds of thousands of books, a wide range of computer suites and 1200 study spaces, including private rooms for group work and quiet areas where students can study individually. We have funded these essential projects to provide excellent, high-quality working environments that enhance the student experience.
- We are also investing in the future. We have already begun work on a multi-million pound refurbishment of our Media, Culture and Language facilities, which will provide state-of-the-art facilities for film production and digital media. Working with architects and consultants we have developed a design which will have sector-leading learning and teaching facilities and industry-leading technology.
- In addition, we spend over £1 million annually on our teaching facilities, lecture rooms and learning resources. This is designed to ensure that our students, on all of our courses, get the best learning experience possible.
Where does our money come from?
Tuition fees are not the only source of income that Roehampton receives. Government funding, income from halls, catering, business partnerships and research grants also contribute to our overall income.
All of these funds enable us to continue to provide an outstanding environment for our students and staff.
Note: the sum of the contents in the charts may only appear to add up to 99p, this is due to rounding to the nearest penny.