Roehampton Coexist win prestigious National Societies Award
- Friday, May 11, 2018
On Wednesday 9 May 2018, Roehampton Coexist Society won the Best Cultural and Faith Society award at the National Society Awards.
The award was presented at Cardiff University. Coexist beat a strong shortlist including:
- Afro-Caribbean Society, Loughborough Students' Union
- Chinese Students Scholars Association of UoE, University of Essex Student's Union
- Christian Union, Sheffield Hallam Students' Union
- Islamic Society, Aston Students' Union
- Lancaster University Taiwanese Student Society, Lancaster University Students' Union
Coexist was founded in the 2017/2018 academic year to promote interfaith dialogue and to provide a space for religious groups that do not currently have their own societies.
Amina Khan, co-founder and President of Coexist said,'The society thank all the support teams that have helped them – particularly Carella Fonseca, the Roehampton Students' Union Societies Coordinator, and the Chaplaincy team.
'This is an amazing achievement for a society that was created so recently,
The National Society Awards are run by the National Union of Students annually to recognise and celebrate the UK's best student societies.
Look out for more success stories on the 29 May at the RSU Awards!