Roehampton ranked in top 5 universities in London in student satisfaction
- Friday, July 17, 2020
The University has increased its position in eight out of the ten themes measured by the National Student Survey (NSS) when compared to the sector in this year's results.
Roehampton is now ranked:
- Ranked 5th among London universities for overall student satisfaction
- 2nd in London for satisfaction with our Students’ Union.
- We are ranked 16th in the country for satisfaction with our learning resources, out of 131 different universities
Roehampton has increased 16 places for overall satisfaction, 55 places for learning resources, 35 places for student voice, 17 places for learning opportunities, 5 places for academic support and 4 places for learning community and teaching on my course. The students’ union have increased by 43 places.
The results show that Roehampton is second for overall satisfaction amongst modern London universities and fifth against major London universities.
The data shows a significant number of positive results including:
- Overall satisfaction up 0.1% points to 82.3%
- Satisfaction with student voice up 3.9% points to 74.2%
- Satisfaction with learning resources up 2.9% points to 89.3%
- Satisfaction with learning opportunities up 0.8% points to 82.1%
- Satisfaction with the students' union is up 6.4% points.
Four programmes achieved 100% overall satisfaction:
- Classical Civilisation
- English Language and Linguistics
A further ten programmes achieved over 90% satisfaction:
- Business Management and Economics
- Creative Writing
- English Literature
- Human Resource Management
- LLB Law
- Ministerial Theology (FdA)
- Nutrition and Health
- Theology and Religious Studies
Professor Anna Gough-Yates, Provost, said:
"I am delighted that our graduating students reflect on their time at Roehampton so fondly and have such high levels of satisfaction with the learning and teaching they have received.
“Our students have experienced significant change across this academic year, in particular from the move to remote learning and teaching as a result of coronavirus. However, thanks to the outstanding work of our academic and professional services colleagues we have been able to continue to provide an excellent experience."
The NSS is a national survey of all undergraduate students undertaken at the end of their studies to gather feedback on their experience. You can find the NSS questions here.