It all starts here. This unique course allows you to study children's literature in an online, flexible and part-time format from wherever you are in the world.
2 years (part-time)
Number of Credits
Top ten in the UK for postgraduate student satisfaction (PTES 2022, 2023).
Top ten in London for things that matter to students (Learning Opportunities, Feedback and Assessment, and Learning Resources) (NSS 2023).
This MA is taught by children’s literature specialists from the award-winning National Centre for Research in Children's Literature, which is based at Roehampton.
How to apply
- September 2024 entry: apply using our direct application form.
- Check our application deadlines
- View our entry requirements for postgraduate programmes
- View our general entry criteria and application FAQs below
If you need any help or advice with your application, or just want to ask us a question before you apply, please do not hesitate to contact us.
Please note that most international applicants have to pay a deposit before securing their place.
- See our Finance pages for more details
Tuition fees and funding
Total course fees for this part-time course are as follows. These are your fees for the entire duration of the programme. Part-time students will be given the opportunity to pay per module taken in each year of study. Payment will be aligned to the delivery pattern for your chosen programme.
September 2023 / January 2024 entry tuition fees
- Course fees for 2023 entry for home students are £436 per 10 credits
- Course fees for 2023 entry for international students are £834 per 10 credits
September 2024 entry tuition fees
Specific Entry Requirements
A good second-class honours degree in English Literature, or a combined honours of English Literature plus another subject. If you have a degree in another discipline, please provide evidence of literary studies in your transcript or personal statement.