Outgoing Study Abroad at Roehampton
Who can study abroad?
To apply to study abroad, you should meet the following criteria:
- Be in year one of your Roehampton degree
- You must be on track to pass your first year
- For a semester abroad, you must be completing any Roehampton degree programme except Accounting, Adult and Mental Health Nursing, Adult Nursing, Biomedical Science, Human Resource Management, Law, Law and Criminal Justice, Marketing, Mental Health Nursing, Primary Education, All Psychology Programmes, Software Engineering. Due to external accreditation requirements, students on these programmes must complete their whole programme at Roehampton. However, if you are on one of those programmes you can apply for a summer programme, details here.
- Your Programme Convener(s) must approve your application. NB If you are a combined honours student, both Programme Convenors must approve your application.
- Students on full time degree programmes at the University of Roehampton are eligible to apply. If you are studying for a Roehampton degree with one of our partners (e.g. QA, Schiller) you cannot participate in one of these exchanges.
- If you are selected for the programme, you must successfully complete your first year.
International Business Students
International Business students must spend a semester abroad in year two on a compulsory study placement as part of the degree.
You should apply through Roehampton Abroad to the partner institution of your choice; please note that despite this semester abroad being compulsory, your application is evaluated in the same way as students applying for an optional semester abroad.
The University of Roehampton has a number of partnerships set up specifically for International Business students, in Brazil, China, Spain and the Netherlands. Find out more here.