A multi-faith community
At the university we are a diverse community, made up of people from all faiths and none, coming together to share our journeys through living, studying and working together. To reflect this we offer a multi-faith chaplaincy with chaplains, associate chaplains, chaplaincy community workers and faith supporters from a number of faith traditions. We celebrate the diversity of our university by serving the religious and spiritual needs of our staff and students and by promoting dialogue and peaceful co-existence to all members of the community and beyond.
Each Chaplaincy Centre has a cosy lounge area available to all members of the university, where you can relax away from work, stress, and meet up with friends. You can also enjoy chaplaincy hospitality with a mug of Fairtrade tea or coffee. We organise social events, lunches, film nights plus lots more.
We encourage all members of the university to take an active role in our local and global community. We offer opportunities to get involved with Fairtrade, green initiatives and volunteering.
We're here to offer support to everyone in the University, both staff and students, whether you come from a faith background or not. There might be a particular issue you want to talk about, or you might just feel in need of a general chat. We lend a confidential and listening ear and offer you time and space whenever you need it.
On both our campus sites, there are a number of places set aside for quiet reflection. Whether you want to sit quietly, read, pray or light a candle, these spaces are for the use of both students and staff.
The Roehampton Students' Union (RSU) has active Christian, Islamic and Hindu student societies, who run a wide range of events to help you explore your faith and meet like-minded fellow students.
News and events
We have spaces across the university which all staff and students are welcome to enjoy and can all be found on our campus map.
General enquires to firstname.lastname@example.org
If you wish to speak with a specific chaplain please use the following details:
- Asgar Halim Rajput, Muslim Chaplain, 020 8392 3702
- Sabiha Iqbal, Muslim Chaplain, 020 8392 3185
- Rev. Nicola Morrison, Methodist Chaplain, 020 8392 3497
- Ginny Jordan-Arthur, Catholic Chaplain, 020 8392 3003
- Rev. Daniel Eshun, Anglican Chaplain, 020 8392 3516
- Ruth Asfaha, Digby Stuart Chaplaincy Community Worker, 020 8392 3216
- Bill Topping, Southlands Chaplaincy Community Worker, 020 8392 3497
- Rabbi Gavin Broder, Jewish Associate Chaplain, 07811286664
- Rev. Shanon Ferguson, Christian Associate Chaplain, LGBT+ Liaison, 07944657841
- Beatrice Gordon, Christian Associate Chaplain