Welcome to the Graduate School
The Graduate School is the centre of the research student community at Roehampton. All research students belong to the Graduate School in addition to their Academic School.
The Graduate School supports students studying for research degrees in the following ways:
- Administers applications for research degrees.
- Oversees the Research Student Development Programme.
- Supports production of a Personal Development Plan to help students track their research career at Roehampton.
- Promotes research events, seminars and funding opportunities.
- Supports students with the Research Degrees Committee-related administrative requirements of their programme.
- The School also provides a forum for research students from different disciplines and backgrounds to share ideas, information and to meet and socialise, including the Annual Research Student Conference.
- Welcomes applications from Visiting Research Students
In addition, the Graduate School provides an opportunity for the views of research students to be heard. Its overseeing body, the Research Degrees Committee, which includes student representatives, works with academic schools and central university services to promote the interests of research students and ensure they have the best possible experience.
Roehampton is the most research-intensive modern university in the country. The impact of our research is profound. With international reach, our research informs policy, enriches culture and improves lives. We draw PhD students from around the world to join our vibrant programme of doctoral studies. Postgraduate researchers play an important part of the research culture at Roehampton and are supported by internationally respected supervisors and the Research Student Doctoral Training programme.