Bank transfer payments
You can make payments to the University of Roehampton using the Western Union Business Solutions Bank to Bank Transfer Service avoiding the fluctuating exchange rates and bank charges of an international bank transfer.
By using the Western Union Business Solutions Service, you can pay:
- Tuition fees
- Accommodation fees
- International Student deposits
Benefits of using this service:
- Obtain a guaranteed exchange rate for a period of up to 72 hours to provide to your bank to make the payment
- Pay fees in your own currency – so you know the exact cost of your course fee
- Be sure that 100% of the funds transferred reach the University and that no expensive bank charges are deducted
- Be sure that the payment can be easily identified and allocated by the University, giving you peace of mind
- Know it is a secure and quick way to make the transfer, ensuring that the University receives the payment promptly
- No additional charges for using this service are levied by the University or Western Union Business Solutions. By using this service you avoid or significantly reduce the costs incurred making international payments.
How it works
Using the Western Union Business Solutions Bank to Bank Transfer Service is a user friendly system, once you have clicked through to the Service:
Enter your student information:
- Student ID number provided to you by the University (e.g. ABC12345678)
- Student forename and surname
- Student date of birth (DD/MM/YYYY)
- Student email address
- Student postal address
- Student contact number
All the boxes marked with a * are required. Click Next. Enter the amount(s) of tuition and or accommodation fees in the relevant fields in £ sterling. Click Continue. For International Deposits the correct fee will automatically be displayed.
- Choose your home country, this will automatically convert your fee amount to your home currency (if your home currency is unavailable it will default to the next best option eg USD). Click Continue.
- You will be quoted an amount to pay instantly. This amount will be guaranteed for 72 hours.
- Next, you will be emailed simple instructions in PDF format, detailing which bank your fees need to be transferred to in your home country. You can either make this payment using online banking, telephone banking or in person at your bank in the same way that you would make a standard bank transfer. The PDF instructions provided can also be emailed directly to a family member if they are making the payment on your behalf.
- Accept the conditions of use.
These instructions will contain an important reference that you must ensure your bank quotes when making the payment. This reference allows the University to identify and allocate your fees to your University account quickly. If your payment is to complete your enrolment at the University this will only be completed once your payment has been received.
Once payment has been sent through the nominated bank to Western Union Business Solutions, the University will be advised and the payment will be applied to your student fees account.
If you have any further questions regarding the service, we have arranged for Travelex to provide a dedicated Customer Service team that can aid you with any additional information on the service and its benefits and/or walk you through the process.
For any of the above or any other related queries, contact:
Tel: +44 (0)1733 294 459 (Mon-Fri 8am-5.30pm)
Why is using the Travelex Pay 24/7 service better than using my bank?
If you use your bank to make the payment directly to the University, your bank is likely to send an international payment without you knowing what the rate of exchange is. This not only costs you more, but is also likely to result in unforeseen additional bank charges. By using Travelex Pay 24/7, you are assured of a guaranteed rate of exchange you can accept before you pay. You can also rest assured that the University will receive your fees in full.
Do I need to provide my University’s Bank Details?
No. You only need the local bank details that will be provided to you as a PDF through the Travelex service. Travelex hold our bank details and all payments will be allocated accordingly using individual student ID numbers.
Can I make a transfer via my own bank?
To get the benefits of this service it is important that you send your fee amount to the Travelex account details that are provided to you. You can use your own bank to make this transfer to the Travelex account. Make sure that your bank sends the reference number you have been given in the PDF. This ensures your fee is easily identifiable by the University and that the application of the payment to your student account does not incur any delay.
I cannot find my local currency on the list, what should I do?
Unfortunately, there are particular currencies which neither the University nor Travelex Global Solutions are permitted to trade in on the international markets. If you cannot locate your currency on the list, we would advise you to contact Credit Control for further advice on how best to process your payment.
I have found a better exchange rate elsewhere for my payment but need the college’s IBAN details?
Please bear in mind that exchange rates quoted in the free press and internet sites may only be an interbank rate and may not be obtainable for money transfers once you have signed up to use their services. Travelex carries out extensive market research to ensure that the rates they offer through this service are competitive against those that major banks and brokers offer. In addition to this, the rates offered through this service are secured for 72 hours giving you time to make your payment without the risk of losing money due to volatile market movements.
Please also note that international bank transfers are often subject to handling charges being deducted by both the sending and receiving banks, leaving shortfalls owing for your fees which you would have to arrange to settle via an additional payment, causing added inconvenience.
For the above reasons, we strongly recommend that you chose to use Travelex Pay 24-7.
If you have any questions regarding the service, we have arranged for Travelex to provide a dedicated Customer Service team that can aid you with any additional information on the service and its benefits and/or walk you through the process. For any of the above or any other related queries, contact:
Tel: +44 (0)1733 294 459 (Monday-Friday 8am-5.30pm UK Time)