Accommodation for new students joining us in January
Move in day for our January starters who have a room on campus is currently scheduled for 11 January. Please check these pages for any changes, and also for arrangements affecting international students who are required to self-isolate on arrival.
- Students who have applied for halls of residence will be contacted with details of the move-in process shortly.
- There will be a window of 1.5 hours to move in and only the students moving to University may be present in the halls of residence.
- Students moving into halls must be accompanied by no more than two adults where possible.
- Students and their visitors will be able to make use of campus and campus facilities before and after their move in slot.
- Students moving into halls will be provided with information ahead of time about moving into halls, health and safety and coronavirus safety. Online training is also sent out to students moving into halls of residence on their arrival.
- Any student required to self-isolate, regardless of when they arrive, will not be charged for the first two weeks of their accommodation occupancy. Any refund will be processed during the first term.
- Students will be able to use kitchens and socialise with their flat mates. Training and guidance will be provided on social distancing and staying safe.
- If someone in a flat becomes unwell the University will implement its emergency response plan to support all those who become ill or who are in contact with someone with suspected coronavirus.
- Students who are required to self-isolate may be required to move into temporary halls of residence for the full duration of their self-isolation before moving into their permanent halls of residence.
- Please see the International Students welcome page for arrival details.
- The requirements to self-isolate can change on a daily basis. A daily review of students moving into halls from overseas and their current self-isolate requirements will be undertaken,
For further information please contact:
- Accommodation Move In: email@example.com
- International Arrivals and Support: firstname.lastname@example.org