Additional Costs not included in programme fees
The following additional costs are not included the fees for this programme. The figures provided below are approximate and subject to change, and therefore for guidance only:
- Personal Therapy: £40-70 per hourly session. Full time trainees will be required to complete a minimum of 35 hours per year over 3 years, i.e. £1,400 per year or £4,200 in total. Part time trainees will be required to complete a minimum of 35 hours per year over 4 years, i.e. £1,400 per year or £5,600 in total.
- Enhanced Disclosure and Barring Service (DBS) Check: £55 at enrolment, plus £13 per year for an automatic annual DBS update.
- Please note that in order to fulfil HCPC requirements even trainees with a current DBS may need to undertake a new check through the university.
- Professional indemnity insurance: £35-50
- BPS graduate membership: £155. This is a prerequisite before applying for the programme.
- BPS Division of Counselling Psychology in-training membership: £13 per year
- Placement supervision: £40-60 per session/hour. This is applicable only in placements that do not provide adequate supervision.
- Books and Printing Costs: Varies year on year. Some programme texts and journals are available via the University library.
- Accommodation, travel, and living costs: This is dependent on individual circumstances.