- We will equip you with the expertise demanded in the digital business environment, including emerging technologies, managing digital marketing assets and campaigns, and the wider strategic marketing context.
- You will cover social media management, gain customer insight through analysing data, and understanding the psychology of online consumers.
- Have open access to professional certifications around social media management, i.e. Hootsuite and Google Digital Garage.
- You will participate in the Global Leadership Programme, an extracurricular course which through lectures, workshops and networking, will develop your skillset and professionalism.
This course is subject to validation*
Digital marketing is a fast moving landscape, so it is important that you are able to respond quickly to trends and data to ensure your organisation stays ahead. This MSc Digital Marketing will give you the knowledge to develop and implement digital marketing strategies in a socially responsible manner. You will learn how to analyse complex data for informed decision-making, and develop practical skills in web design, content creation, campaign development and data analysis using a range of techniques and digital products.
If you are ambitious and want to be a leader in marketing and digital technology this MSc Digital Marketing is for you. The programme benefits from the Roehampton Business School’s wider marketing research expertise and practitioner links within the marketing profession in London and abroad. In addition to the academic course you will have the opportunity to join our Global Leadership Programme.
This programme has been designed with input from a panel of business advisors and successful business leaders to address the demand for market-focussed professionals adept in the effective use of digital technologies, social media, contemporary marketing theory and best practices for global markets. You will be introduced to core areas of strategic marketing management but also gain the knowledge and skills of emerging fields in the digital marketing sector.
Students who have not previously studied business will be offered additional support in the form of an on-line preparatory, pre-induction programme of study that they will be encouraged to complete before the start of their programme. This on-line pre-induction programme will however be voluntary and not compulsory. Students will not be required to pass an assessment at the end of the pre-induction programme to gain admission onto the Master’s programme assuming they fulfil the other prescribed entry qualifications.
Roehampton Business School is offering to all its PG students an innovative and ambitious Global Leadership Programme alongside their PG awards. The programme runs in parallel with the taught modules and it is complementary to them.
Core Modules (Autumn term):
- Strategic Marketing
- Digital Marketing Practice
- Data Analytics for Marketers
- Business Research Methods (September programme starters)
Core Modules (Spring term):
- Online Consumer Psychology
- Social Media and Influencers
- Emerging Digital Issues
- Business Research Methods (January programme starters)
Dissertation and Project Modules:
Students must choose one of the following:
- Consultancy Project
Compulsory and Required modules
Compulsory and/or required modules may change when we review and update programmes. Above is a list of modules offered this academic year.
Optional modules, when offered as part of a programme, may vary from year to year and are subject to viability.
Graduates from this programme are equipped with the knowledge and skills to work in a variety of digital marketing roles that champion new technology, best online business models and emerging shapes of digital marketing communication and campaigns. These likewise apply to large corporations, innovative SMEs and marketing agencies leading on new technology & marketing techniques.
Life at Roehampton
At Roehampton, we can offer all new students the opportunity to live in accommodation on our beautiful parkland campus, including affordable and high-end options.
We offer scholarships, provide hardship funding and help you find advice on managing your finances while you study.
We provide plenty of opportunities for you to get involved, through volunteering, playing sport or music, or joining one of our many active student societies.