Making an Ethics Application
Staff and research student Ethics Applications must follow the standard format and include the following:
- Ethics Application Form
- Participant Consent Form (using the standard template)
- Organisational Consent Form
- Health and Safety Risk Assessment for Ethics Applications
- Health and Safety Compliance Declaration for Ethics Applications
- Ethics Overseas Background Information Form
- Any additional information for participants or other purposes (e.g. questionnaires, debriefing material, correspondence, interview questions, advertisements)
The completed Ethics Application and attachments should be sent by email to email@example.com. If you are a research student your application must have been checked and signed by your Director of Studies before it is sent to the Ethics Officer. The application will then be sent to the school/faculty for assessment through the standard assessment process.
We aim to turn applications around within four weeks. Applicants should try to submit their applications two months before they wish to start data collection to avoid delays and to ensure that there is enough time for us to compete the review process to the highest standards.
NB. If a student or member of staff has transferred from another university or is conducting collaborative research with another external organisation(s), including the NHS, they may not need to complete the Roehampton documents: please see further information available under assessment process.