Specific Requirements

Students needing adjustment

If you require any adjustments in your accommodation (eg ensuite; ground floor; lift access) due to a disability, health condition or mental health condition, please contact our Disability Service on disabilities@roehampton.ac.uk. They can arrange an appointment with you to discuss how to access adjustments for both accommodation and teaching and learning.

We have rooms with adapted facilities for students with physical disabilities however, wherever possible, the University will adapt facilities to suit individual requirements.

If you have a physical or visual disability which requires adjustments, we recommend arranging a viewing of potential rooms with the Accommodation and Disability Teams to ensure that your needs can be met.

Disability-related needs for ensuite accommodation

The University recognises that some students may have specific disability-related requirements for ensuite accommodation. If you require an ensuite bathroom on the basis of a disability you may be eligible for a fixed reduction in your rent* for the 2024/25 academic year.

Reductions in rent can only be applied upon receipt of the following three documents, and with approval of the Disability Service:

  1. Accommodation self-assessment form
  2. Medical evidence, outlining the disability-related need for an ensuite bathroom
  3. Disability disclosure form

Please send the above documents directly to disabilities@roehampton.ac.uk


  • The rent reduction applicable for the 2024/25 academic year will be £1,209 for a 39 week undergraduate contract.
  • As with all accommodation requests, the availability of ensuite rooms cannot be guaranteed and will be subject to availability.
  • We will always try to offer you accommodation that suits your disability-related needs, however we cannot guarantee that suitable facilities will always be available.

Quiet flats

We can offer you the option to live with other students who have an interest in quieter accommodation. Students living in these areas would be expected to adopt a particularly moderated lifestyle within their accommodation in respect of alcohol, parties and noise. If you wish to apply for this type of accommodation please say yes to the quieter flat option when you complete an application for accommodation. We will endeavour to allocate you with other students who request this type of accommodation but we are unable to guarantee this.

Postgraduate students

There are a limited number of 50 week contract rooms available for postgraduate students. Preference is given to first-year postgraduate students. Postgraduate halls are also offered to undergraduate students who have returned to study after a break.

Mature students

If you're a mature student and want to be in a flat with mature students, please let us know via the free text box when you apply for accommodation, so we can do our best to house you with other mature students.

Study Abroad students

Study abroad students are eligible to apply for accommodation. This includes continuing UK students going abroad for a semester in their continuing years. Get in touch to find out more.