- This one-year top up programme is designed to provide you with a firm understanding of Accounting.
- Apply contemporary research and the latest thinking to explore current accounting issues.
- Graduate ‘business ready’ with the ability to think critically, innovate, act responsibly, adapt and manage change.
If you have a HND/DipHE qualification, this programme allows you top up your qualifications to a full degree, giving you access to more graduate career opportunities.
This one-year top up programme is designed to provide a firm understanding of accounting. You’ll leave as a ‘business ready’ graduate, a confident, independent thinker, with the skills to adapt rapidly to change.
This top-up degree is designed specifically to develop you as a 'business ready' graduate: a confident, independent thinker with a detailed knowledge of business management, and equipped with the skills to adapt rapidly to change.
Our academics have extensive experience of organisations and will support you to connect your learning to the realities of Accounting. You will be supported throughout by your Personal Tutor, who will help to guide your learning and career development. You will also have access to our extensive range of employability events. Alongside this, we provide a wide range of other opportunities to develop and learn, including a career mentoring scheme, student-led Business Society and online careers portal.
This programme is open for all students in the UK and overseas who wish to transfer to complete the final year of an undergraduate degree, as well as students who have completed study at one of Roehampton's partner institutions.
Your tutors have extensive experience across many accounting contexts, and will demonstrate how your learning connects to, and impacts on, the real world.
Business Readiness and Extended Academic Induction modules will build your future employability throughout your degree, by developing your academic, leadership and management skills.
You will compile evidence of your developing knowledge, skills and attributes, and be able to clearly articulate your increasing ability to add value to organisations.
- Build your financial skills through a dissertation, focusing on a particular area of interest to you.
- Modules we offer currently include Advanced Financial Accounting, Corporate Finance, Audit Practice & Ethics and Accounting for Decision Making.
Students can select one of the following combinations:
Compulsory and Required modules
Compulsory and/or required modules may change when we review and update programmes. Above is a list of modules offered this academic year.
Optional modules, when offered as part of a programme, may vary from year to year and are subject to viability.
You will be set up to move into working in management or financial accounting jobs in the corporate, public or voluntary sectors. You can follow pathways into accountancy via the main professional bodies in the UK, and bypass some of the foundation level examinations needed for qualifying as an accountant.
Our careers team is available to support you from the start of your studies until after you graduate. They will help you build your CV, prepare for interviews, and meet and learn from successful graduates working at the top of their careers. You’ll also have opportunities to work with our partners across London and beyond, and to attend a Roehampton jobs fair where you can find out about graduate opportunities and meet employers.
Life at Roehampton
At Roehampton, we can offer all new students the opportunity to live in accommodation on our beautiful parkland campus, including affordable and high-end options.
We offer scholarships, provide hardship funding and help you find advice on managing your finances while you study.
We provide plenty of opportunities for you to get involved, through volunteering, playing sport or music, or joining one of our many active student societies.
Join a Business School with a social conscience.
At Roehampton Business School we provide you with a flexible, career-focused journey towards successful and fulfilling graduate careers. Roehampton Business School is an inclusive learning community. We want our students to become business leaders who will have a positive impact on society through their ethos, their company culture and through an understanding and appreciation of sustainability. These values are embedded in both our teaching and research.
Below you can find the ways that Roehampton Business School will help you in both your studies and your future career.
- Dedicated career service with a team of careers specialists to provide support and guidance.
- All students have the option to include a one-year work placement as part of their degree.
- Our Business Advisory Board comprise senior business leaders who work closely with us to ensure that our courses are industry-relevant and cutting-edge.
- Access to events with guest speakers and professional bodies, such as the Association of Chartered Certified Accountants, the Chartered Management Institute and the Chartered Institute of Personnel and Development (all of which accredit the Business School degrees).
- Experience the opportunities that come with the Roehampton Business School working closely with the neighboring chambers of commerce including the Wandsworth Chambers of Commerce.
- The opportunity to participate in national and international business competitions.
- Our UG Business courses are taught on two days per week in year one, giving you the space to undertake part-time work and fit your studies around other commitments.
- We have excellent facilities for commuting students, including a free bus service, free on-campus parking and free bicycle storage facilities.
- You will receive remote access to your learning resources so you can learn from home as well as campus.
- You can participate in opportunities to share student research. The Sticky Campus Conference can be viewed here.