University of Roehampton partners with Crystal Palace FC
- Wednesday, August 29, 2018
The University of Roehampton has signed a three-year partnership agreement with Premier League side Crystal Palace Football Club, which will see a range of work experience opportunities available to students, collaboration with Crystal Palace staff in careers-related events and activities, and extensive links between Crystal Palace Ladies FC and the University of Roehampton Women's Football programme.
Mike Summers (left), CEO of the Palace for Life Foundation and Roehampton Registrar Mark Ellul (right) at Selhurst Park, August 2018
The agreement will also comprise ongoing cooperative work between the University and the Palace for Life Foundation, a community engagement programme that works with over 13,000 young people in south London every year.
Aspects of the new partnership will include:
- Internships, project work and micro placement opportunities for University of Roehampton students across the activities of Crystal Palace FC and the Palace for Life Foundation
- Attendance by representatives of the football club at University careers events, including guest lectures and attendance at careers fairs
- An exclusive annual open day for University of Roehampton students at Selhurst Park, the club's stadium, to provide opportunities for paid part-time work
- Training sessions for the University of Roehampton women's football programme to be held at Crystal Palace Ladies FC training ground, as well as trials for students to join Crystal Palace Ladies FC and two annual friendly matches between Crystal Palace Ladies FC and the University of Roehampton Women's Football Team
Crystal Palace FC, whose men’s team plays in the Premier League and women's team in the FA Women's Championship, will also provide exclusive discounts on tickets to University of Roehampton students for both their elite sides. As part of the agreement, the University will also be advertising at Selhurst Park during the 2018-19 Premier League season. The 25,456 capacity stadium is located in the London Borough of Croydon, one of the University’s major locations for student recruitment.
Over the coming year, the University and Crystal Palace will explore other opportunities to develop the partnership further, including potential research links and growing further opportunities for University of Roehampton students to engage in the activities of the club and the Palace for Life Foundation.