This programme provides a route for those with a Level 7 qualification in an HR related field to 'top-up' to an MSc in Global Human Resource Management.
1 year (part-time)
Number of credits:
60 credits at Level 7
120 credits (level 7) in a HR related field including Level 7 apprentices who hold 120 credits at M level.
Why this course
Roehampton's Business School has a close relationship with the CIPD as well as the Guild of HR Professionals.
Students will be working with experienced HR scholars and practitioners.
Transform your mind-set and the way you understand the strategic contribution of human resources managers in global organisations.
Course and Module Details
This programme is tailored to students with the ambition to become leaders and practitioners at the interface of Human Resources and Corporate Strategy.
As a Top-Up course, this programme is aimed at those working in the HR profession who have already completed a HR related qualification at 120 credits (Level 7) to progress to an MSc by taking an additional 60 credits.
The programme curriculum benefits from our faculty’s research expertise in organisational studies and their practitioner links with Human Resources-related professions, including the Chartered Institute of Personnel & Development (CIPD).
*On successful completion of the programme students will be able to progress their Chartered Institute of Personnel & Development (CIPD) membership at Associate or Chartered levels.
- Business Research Methods
Tuition fees and funding
September 2023 / January 2024 entry tuition fees
Year 1 fees, see links in table below for more information.
|UK||EU and International|
2023/24 entry funding
Graduates may choose to advance their careers in a variety of Human Resourcement Management specialisms such as organisational development, employee engagement, learning and development, performance management, reward and talent acquisition by undertaking a dissertation in a specialist area.
Students can also use the knowledge they have gained to perform at a higher level within the HR profession in their current industry or take an opportunity to transition to a new role or sector such as setting up their own business as a career or HR consultant.
How to apply
You can now apply for any programme for any entry point in 2023.
All postgraduate taught applications can be made via our online application form.
- Check our application deadlines
- View our entry requirements for postgraduate programmes
- View our general entry criteria and application FAQs below
If you need any help or advice with your application, or just want to ask us a question before you apply, please do not hesitate to contact us.
Please note that most international applicants have to pay a deposit before securing their place.
- See our Finance pages for more details
Postgraduate application process FAQs
How do I apply?
To apply, you need to complete our online application form.
Do I need to complete all of my online application at once?
No, you can save and revisit your application form and can contact us directly at any time if you need advice or assistance.
What are the entry criteria and fees?
We have general entry requirements for postgraduate courses. Many of our courses also have specific entry requirements. You can find details of these, and the fees for individual courses, on our postgraduate course pages.
What is the deadline for postgraduate applications?
If you are a prospective postgraduate student who has home fee status, then you can apply close to the start of the course of study. However, if you have international fee status and require a Tier 4 Visa, then you will normally need to apply much earlier. Please see our application deadlines for postgraduate study.
We encourage all students to apply as early as possible, as some programmes have limited numbers.
Does Roehampton offer financial support for postgraduates?
Yes, we offer a range of scholarships, alongside support on managing your finances while you are with us.
You can find more information on our postgraduate home and postgraduate international financial support pages. There are also other sources of external funding for international students available.
Do you offer student accommodation for postgraduates?
Yes, we have a wide range of high quality and competitively priced on-campus student residences. We are able to offer quiet rooms and can adjust for those with specific access needs.
Find out more on our accommodation pages.
Join a Business School with a social conscience
At Roehampton Business School we provide you with a flexible, career-focused journey towards successful and fulfilling graduate careers. Roehampton Business School is an inclusive learning community. We want our students to become business leaders who will have a positive impact on society through their ethos, their company culture and through an understanding and appreciation of sustainability. These values are embedded in both our teaching and research.
Below you can find the ways that Roehampton Business School will help you in both your studies and your future career.
- Dedicated career service with a team of careers specialists to provide support and guidance.
- All students have the option to include a one-year work placement as part of their degree.
- Our Business Advisory Board comprise senior business leaders who work closely with us to ensure that our courses are industry-relevant and cutting-edge.
- Access to events with guest speakers and professional bodies, such as the Association of Chartered Certified Accountants, the Chartered Management Institute and the Chartered Institute of Personnel and Development (all of which accredit the Business School degrees).
- Experience the opportunities that come with the Roehampton Business School working closely with the neighboring chambers of commerce including the Wandsworth Chambers of Commerce.
- The opportunity to participate in national and international business competitions.
- Our UG Business courses are taught on two days per week in year one, giving you the space to undertake part-time work and fit your studies around other commitments.
- We have excellent facilities for commuting students, including a free bus service, free on-campus parking and free bicycle storage facilities.
- You will receive remote access to your learning resources so you can learn from home as well as campus.
- You can participate in opportunities to share student research. The Sticky Campus Conference can be viewed here.
London’s Campus University
- You will study on a beautiful and safe parkland campus that will inspire you.
- First-rate facilities including (in our view) the best university library in London.
- We have the Esports Arena based in the Business School for those who are into competitive gaming or just want to relax after lectures.
Need help before you apply?
“It was phenomenal to learn from world-renowned academics who really helped me to redefine my understanding. I also enjoyed being able to learn amongst such a diverse group of people who had such a variety of global and cultural perspectives.
“The course presents many avenues of engagement like forum discussions, group assignments, virtual/in-person seminars and quizzes followed by tutorials.”
Akhil Guduri, current student, Global Human Resource Management MSc
Doing all we can to support our students' lives at Roehampton
At Roehampton, we can offer all new students the opportunity to live in accommodation on our beautiful parkland campus, including affordable and high-end options.
We offer scholarships, provide hardship funding and help you find advice on managing your finances while you study.
We provide plenty of opportunities for you to get involved, through volunteering, playing sport or music, or joining one of our many active student societies.