- Our MSc Global Human Resources Management will transform your mind-set and the way you understand the strategic contribution of human resources managers in global organisations.
- You will focus on the wider strategic, financial and operational context of managing talent and people across borders and cultures, being taught by internationally recognised researchers.
- You will also participate in the Global Leadership Programme, an extracurricular course which through lectures, workshops and networking, you will develop your skillset as an international HRM practitioner
- You can choose to participate in an international management field trip and gain direct experience of international management practice.
- As a graduate you will receive a dual award Level 7 Diploma in Strategic Management and Leadership by the Chartered Management Institute (CMI).
This programme is tailored to students with the ambition to become leaders and practitioners at the interface of Human Resources and Corporate Strategy. The curriculum benefits from our faculty’s research expertise in organisational studies and their practitioner links with Human Resources-related professions, including the Chartered Institute of Personnel & Development.
The Roehampton MSc Global Human Resources Management has been designed with input from a panel of business advisors to address the demand for global HR professionals that are equipped with expertise in talent management, the development of effective HR policies and managing organisational change.
This programme provides you with a deep and critical understanding of major business processes, including strategy development, financial performance management and leadership as well as perspectives on cross-cultural management. Our research methods module will equip you with the knowledge and techniques needed to pursue empirical fieldwork of academic rigour, real world impact and practitioner relevance.
There is also the opportunity (subject to fees and availability) to join an international management field trip to a European country, where you will visit companies, practice teamwork and have the opportunity to reflect on current management issues and strategic solutions.
The Roehampton MSc Global Human Resources Management offers a stimulating programme of study. You will learn the wider strategic, marketing, financial and operational context of managing talent and people across borders and cultures.
You will also be introduced to a variety of professional service sectors and examine contemporary topics such as HR & corporate strategy, managing a global workforce or responsible leadership of organizational change. You will gain practical people management skills related to recruitment and performance evaluation.
You will be encouraged to engage in personal professional development through active participation in the Global Leadership Programme, aimed at equipping you with the skills that are critical to succeed in today’s fast-paced business world.
The MSc Global Human Resources Management characterised by:
- A carefully designed set of modules providing a global perspective of managing people and diversity.
- The opportunity to apply theoretical knowledge to contemporary fields of HRM practice such as HR Business Partnering.
- The opportunity to reflect on, and develop, leadership capabilities to drive change in global organisations.
- Learning and teaching focused on your career-readiness and addressing contemporary HR challenges faced by 21st century global organisations.
- A blended approach to teaching and learning that is technology enabled through the use of Moodle, suited to experience a high degree of flexibility in managing your learning journey.
As a graduate you will receive a dual award Level 7 Diploma in Strategic Management and Leadership by the Chartered Management Institute (CMI).
Students who have not previously studied business will be offered additional support in the form of an on-line preparatory, pre-induction programme of study that they will be encouraged to complete before the start of their programme. This on-line pre-induction programme will however be voluntary and not compulsory. Students will not be required to pass an assessment at the end of the pre-induction programme to gain admission onto the Master’s programme assuming they fulfil the other prescribed entry qualifications.
Roehampton Business School is offering to all its PG students an innovative and ambitious Global Leadership Programme alongside their PG awards. The programme runs in parallel with the taught modules and it is complementary to them.
Core Modules (Autumn term)
Core Modules (Spring term)
Dissertation and Project Modules
Students must choose one of the following:
- Consultancy Project*
* The Consultancy Project requires a suitable organisation that would want to partner with you for fieldwork access. That fieldwork will usually be conducted over a 12 weeks period on-site at the chosen company. You will need to secure the external partner, but will be supported throughout this process by the university’s careers team and the Business School. There are a variety of arrangements the Consultancy Project can take place in, ranging from paid internships to less formalized partnership agreements.
Compulsory and Required modules
Compulsory and/or required modules may change when we review and update programmes. Above is a list of modules offered this academic year.
Optional modules, when offered as part of a programme, may vary from year to year and are subject to viability.
Why a Global Leadership Programme?
- Want to experience life as a Management Consultant?
- Want to add valuable experience to your CV?
- Want to network with organisational leaders and global businesses?
The Global Leadership Programme is designed to enhance your career-readiness. It is focussed on your personal professional development through a combination of events, workshops, networking opportunities and industry exposure that address your career-readiness, and your capabilities to act as an effective leader, manager, consultant or entrepreneur.
As part of your Global Leadership Programme you will receive guidance from professional staff from the Careers Service on how to enhance your career path. You will be able to browse through an extensive range of information, literature from professional bodies and self-help materials on CVs and job applications. As part of the workshops, you will be able to take part in confidential interviews to discuss your career plans, applications and forthcoming job interviews. In addition to this, you will be offered the opportunity to practice your presentation and elevator pitch skills at networking events.
If your first degree is not in business and management, you will be offered the opportunity to complete an on-line pre-induction, which is entirely voluntary and non-credit bearing. It is not assessed and it is not a pre-condition for enrolment. It will however provide you with a level of understanding of strategy, management, marketing and international business. This programme is delivered as self-directed study and available once your enrolment has been completed.
The programme will consist of guided readings that you can complete at your own pace at home. You are strongly encouraged to arrive well prepared and to have read through at least some of readings and reflection tasks provided by week 3 of your first semester.
The Pre-Induction website will guide you, once you are enrolled, through the relevant readings and tasks in more detail. It will advance your ability to analyse data and information using basic analytical and managerial techniques and toolkits.
The list of topics:
- Introduction to Management, Marketing & Strategy
- Introduction to Finance and Accounting for Managers
- Introduction to Consumer Behaviour
- Introduction to Managing People and diversity in Organisations
This programme is tailored to students with the ambition to become practitioners in global and cross-cultural HRM. You will emerge from the Roehampton MSc Global Human Resources Management with an in-depth and holistic understanding of global workforce and talent management, highly sought after by employers with global operations. You will be prepared for managerial roles in multinational companies, consultancies or in public administration.
Life at Roehampton
At Roehampton, we can offer all new students the opportunity to live in accommodation on our beautiful parkland campus, including affordable and high-end options.
We offer scholarships, provide hardship funding and help you find advice on managing your finances while you study.
We provide plenty of opportunities for you to get involved, through volunteering, playing sport or music, or joining one of our many active student societies.