This programme is tailored to students with the ambition to become leaders and practitioners at the interface of Human Resources and Corporate Strategy.
September start: 1 year (full-time)
Please add an additional year if undertaking a placement.
Number of credits:
180 credits at Level 7
Postgraduate, Master's and Doctoral On-Campus Open Evening
Wednesday 1 November 2023, 5–7.30pm
University of Roehampton London is ranked top 10 in the UK for postgraduate student satisfaction (PTES 2022)
Why this course
This course offers the addition of a placement year with placement preparation workshops.
This course is accredited by the Chartered Institute of Personnel and Development (CIPD).*
Transform your mind-set and the way you understand the strategic contribution of human resources managers in global organisations.
Participate in the Global Leadership Programme which will develop your skillset and professionalism through lectures, workshops and networking.
Course and Module Details
This CIPD Accredited programme is tailored to students with the ambition to become leaders and practitioners at the interface of Human Resources and Corporate Strategy. The curriculum benefits from our faculty’s research expertise in organisational studies and their practitioner links with Human Resources-related professions, including the Chartered Institute of Personnel & Development.
You will be introduced to a variety of professional service sectors and examine contemporary topics such as HR & corporate strategy, managing a global workforce or responsible leadership of organizational change. You will gain practical people management skills related to recruitment and performance evaluation.
You will be encouraged to engage in personal professional development through active participation in the Global Leadership Programme, aimed at equipping you with the skills that are critical to succeed in today’s fast-paced business world.
The Roehampton MSc Global Human Resources Management has been designed with input from a panel of business advisors to address the demand for global HR professionals that are equipped with expertise in talent management, the development of effective HR policies and managing organisational change.
This programme provides you with a deep and critical understanding of major business processes, including strategy development, financial performance management and leadership as well as perspectives on cross-cultural management. Our research methods module will equip you with the knowledge and techniques needed to pursue empirical fieldwork of academic rigour, real world impact and practitioner relevance.
*The course is accredited by the Chartered Institute of Personnel and Development (CIPD), therefore as a graduate, you will be eligible to gain CIPD Associate Membership, subject to successfully meeting the accreditation requirements.
These modules are those we currently offer and may be subject to change each year.
Students on this course are normally in Monday, Tuesday (PM), Wednesday (AM) and Thursday.
Contact us for further information.
Fees & Funding
September 2023 / January 2024 / April 2024 entry tuition fees
Year 1 fees, see links in table below for more information.
2023/24 entry funding
This programme is tailored to students with the ambition to become practitioners in global and cross-cultural HRM. You will emerge from the Roehampton MSc Global Human Resources Management with an in-depth and holistic understanding of global workforce and talent management, highly sought after by employers with global operations. You will be prepared for managerial roles in multinational companies, consultancies or in public administration.
How to apply
You can now apply for any programme for any entry point in 2023.
All postgraduate taught applications can be made via our online application form.
- Check our application deadlines
- View our entry requirements for postgraduate programmes
- View our general entry criteria and application FAQs below
If you need any help or advice with your application, or just want to ask us a question before you apply, please do not hesitate to contact us.
Please note that most international applicants have to pay a deposit before securing their place.
- See our Finance pages for more details
Postgraduate application process FAQs
How do I apply?
To apply, you need to complete our online application form.
Do I need to complete all of my online application at once?
No, you can save and revisit your application form and can contact us directly at any time if you need advice or assistance.
What are the entry criteria and fees?
We have general entry requirements for postgraduate courses. Many of our courses also have specific entry requirements. You can find details of these, and the fees for individual courses, on our postgraduate course pages.
What is the deadline for postgraduate applications?
If you are a prospective postgraduate student who has home fee status, then you can apply close to the start of the course of study. However, if you have international fee status and require a Tier 4 Visa, then you will normally need to apply much earlier. Please see our application deadlines for postgraduate study.
We encourage all students to apply as early as possible, as some programmes have limited numbers.
Does Roehampton offer financial support for postgraduates?
Yes, we offer a range of scholarships, alongside support on managing your finances while you are with us.
You can find more information on our postgraduate home and postgraduate international financial support pages. There are also other sources of external funding for international students available.
Do you offer student accommodation for postgraduates?
Yes, we have a wide range of high quality and competitively priced on-campus student residences. We are able to offer quiet rooms and can adjust for those with specific access needs.
Find out more on our accommodation pages.
The MSc with placement offers students the opportunity to complete a placement year (30 weeks) during Year 2. The aim of the placement experience is to provide a route for students to develop genuine and practical problem-solving skills in a professional context, to apply learned concepts into practice within their fields of specialism, and to enable students to gain a better understanding of your own abilities and employment potential.
If you are an international student on a visa, your CAS will have a course duration of two years, subject to meeting the UKVI’s standard requirements.
Please be aware that placements:
- are not guaranteed;
- are typically unpaid;
- include a programme of support to assist students in researching, applying for, and finding an appropriate placement;
- must be verified and approved prior to commencement; and
- will be monitored for quality and attendance.
Placement preparation & support
- As part of Postgraduate degrees with placement, students are enrolled in a compulsory Placement Preparation Module (which include a series of workshops) that take place in Term 1 of Year 1. The workshops and activities in this module are designed to help students find and secure a placement and develop key employability skills and knowledge to succeed in the world of work.
- Attendance on the Placement Preparation Module is compulsory with a requirement that the student attends 80% of the timetabled workshops and fully engages with the module requirements and with the Careers and Placement teams.
- The Careers and Placement teams will support students by providing advice on topics such as exploring career paths, CVs, Cover Letters, and interview skills.
- During the placement year, students will undertake a placement with an employer and complete a 40P credit Placement Module.
- To be eligible for the Placement Module, students must have successfully passed taught modules (students do not have to have completed the Consultancy Project (RBP040L052) or the Dissertation (RBP040L051) before the commencement of the placement), met the requirements of the Placement Preparation Module, and secured an approved placement.
- A placement is not guaranteed. The University will offer guidance and support and recommend students to interested organisations; however, it is ultimately the student’s responsibility to secure a placement.
- The placement can be full-time or part-time (a minimum of 3 working days, 21-24 hours per week) and can be carried out in-person or remotely, and through work-based projects.
- The placement will ideally be tailored to your interests and aspirations but ultimately meets the needs of employers and must provide relevant experience in line with the learning outcomes of your academic programme. Whereas the roles offered may vary, the emphasis should be on securing a placement within promising growth areas of your discipline and, on both applying and developing existing knowledge and skills in the work place as well as gaining new knowledge and skills.
Join a Business School with a social conscience
At Roehampton Business School we provide you with a flexible, career-focused journey towards successful and fulfilling graduate careers. Roehampton Business School is an inclusive learning community. We want our students to become business leaders who will have a positive impact on society through their ethos, their company culture and through an understanding and appreciation of sustainability. These values are embedded in both our teaching and research.
Below you can find the ways that Roehampton Business School will help you in both your studies and your future career.
- Dedicated career service with a team of careers specialists to provide support and guidance.
- All students have the option to include a one-year work placement as part of their degree.
- Our Business Advisory Board comprise senior business leaders who work closely with us to ensure that our courses are industry-relevant and cutting-edge.
- Access to events with guest speakers and professional bodies, such as the Association of Chartered Certified Accountants, the Chartered Management Institute and the Chartered Institute of Personnel and Development (all of which accredit the Business School degrees).
- Experience the opportunities that come with the Roehampton Business School working closely with the neighboring chambers of commerce including the Wandsworth Chambers of Commerce.
- The opportunity to participate in national and international business competitions.
- Our UG Business courses are taught on two days per week in year one, giving you the space to undertake part-time work and fit your studies around other commitments.
- We have excellent facilities for commuting students, including a free bus service, free on-campus parking and free bicycle storage facilities.
- You will receive remote access to your learning resources so you can learn from home as well as campus.
- You can participate in opportunities to share student research. The Sticky Campus Conference can be viewed here.
London’s Campus University
- You will study on a beautiful and safe parkland campus that will inspire you.
- First-rate facilities including (in our view) the best university library in London.
- We have the Esports Arena based in the Business School for those who are into competitive gaming or just want to relax after lectures.
Need help before you apply?
“It was phenomenal to learn from world-renowned academics who really helped me to redefine my understanding. I also enjoyed being able to learn amongst such a diverse group of people who had such a variety of global and cultural perspectives.
“The course presents many avenues of engagement like forum discussions, group assignments, virtual/in-person seminars and quizzes followed by tutorials.”
Akhil Guduri, current student, Global Human Resource Management MSc
Doing all we can to support our students' lives at Roehampton
At Roehampton, we can offer all new students the opportunity to live in accommodation on our beautiful parkland campus, including affordable and high-end options.
We offer scholarships, provide hardship funding and help you find advice on managing your finances while you study.
We provide plenty of opportunities for you to get involved, through volunteering, playing sport or music, or joining one of our many active student societies.