This MBA gives you the chance to complete a year long placement giving you the opportunity to apply and develop existing knowledge and skills.
2 years (full-time) including placement year.
Number of credits:
180 credits at Level 7
The Roehampton MBA with placement year is designed with early career professionals in mind.
As a graduate you will receive a dual award Level 7 Diploma in Strategic Management and Leadership by the Chartered Management Institute (CMI).
You will have the option to take a placement year with this MBA.
Participate in the Global Leadership Programme which will develop your skillset and professionalism through lectures, workshops and networking.
Course and Module Details
The Roehampton MBA is designed with early career professionals in mind. This option allows you to take a placement on successful completion of the taught modules, giving you an opportunity to gain relevant experience at an organisation in London.
It focuses on responsible leadership for sustaining competitive advantage and managing projects in a global context. It is designed to provide you with a comprehensive understanding of the main functional areas of business management such as strategy, marketing, finance and organisational change. The Roehampton MBA puts emphasis on the analysis of global organisations' best practices and strategies and it provides the opportunity to pursue a consultancy project with either a multinational corporation or a leading SME in London.
This programme has been designed with input from successful senior managers, and will equip you with an understanding of the needs of global business. This MBA will also prepare you for the challenges of senior management within an international business environment.
On successful completion of your MBA you will have the knowledge, skills and confidence to lead and manage global business operations; to absorb complex information; to make difficult strategic decisions and communicate them effectively; and to lead and manage cross-cultural project teams.
This programme is dual accredited to a CMI qualification. Upon successful completion of the programme, Roehampton on-campus students, will be eligible for a CMI L7 qualification in Strategic Management and Leadership (subject to passing the required mapped CMI modules and CMI moderation.
Students on this course are normally in Monday, Tuesday (PM), Wednesday (AM) & Thursday.
Contact us for further information.
Tuition fees and funding
January 2022 and April 2022 entry tuition fees
Year 1 fees.
|£14,338 (full-time)||£14,338 (full-time)||£16,012 (full-time)||£1,500|
January 2022 and April 2022 funding
September 2022 entry tuition fees
You will emerge from the Roehampton MBA with well-developed project management and global business management skills, which are highly sought after by employers in both the private and public sectors. You will be equipped to work as a manager in a multinational corporation, international SME or start your own consultancy business.
How to apply
You can apply now for any programme starting in Autumn 2021, January or February 2022 or September 2022.
All postgraduate taught applications can be made via our online application form.
- Check our application deadlines
- View our entry requirements for postgraduate programmes
- View our general entry criteria and application FAQs
If you need any help or advice with your application, or just want to ask us a question before you apply, please do not hesitate to contact us.
Please note that most international applicants have to pay a deposit before securing their place.
- See our Finance pages for more details
Postgraduate application process FAQs
No, you can save and revisit your application form and can contact us directly at any time if you need advice or assistance.
If you are a prospective postgraduate student who has home fee status, then you can apply close to the start of the course of study. However, if you have international fee status and require a Tier 4 Visa, then you will normally need to apply much earlier. Please see our application deadlines for postgraduate study.
We encourage all students to apply as early as possible, as some programmes have limited numbers.
Yes, we offer a range of scholarships, alongside support on managing your finances while you are with us.
Yes, we have a wide range of high quality and competitively priced on-campus student residences. We are able to offer quiet rooms and can adjust for those with specific access needs.
Find out more on our accommodation pages.
- You will take a placement year of two semesters (30 weeks) at the end of your first year of study.
- You will also have successfully passed your taught modules and have fulfilled 90% attendance requirement of the placement preparation programme to be eligible to access the work placement module.
- You will explore the working environment by carrying out various activities such as job search, CV and interview preparation with help with the Careers Services and the Business School in order to secure a placement.
- The career services team will work closely with the MBA team to ensure students are supported and engaged with the 40 P credit bearing Placement Module.
- The University will offer guidance and support and recommend students to interested organisations; however, it is ultimately the student’s responsibility to secure a placement.
- If you are an international student a Tier 4 visa, your CAS will have to have a course duration of two years, subject to meeting the UKVI’s standard requirements.
- During the placement period, you will undertake an internship within a partner organisation and complete a 40P credit Placement Module. The fee for the Placement year is £1500.
- The work-based placement is a 40P credit-bearing module that is graded at either Pass or Fail.
- The Placement module will comprise of workshops that will prepare you to apply for and undertake an unpaid work placement in a relevant employment environment to develop your employability and technical business management skills.
Doing all we can to support our student's lives at Roehampton
At Roehampton, we can offer all new students the opportunity to live in accommodation on our beautiful parkland campus, including affordable and high-end options.
We offer scholarships, provide hardship funding and help you find advice on managing your finances while you study.
We provide plenty of opportunities for you to get involved, through volunteering, playing sport or music, or joining one of our many active student societies.