This MBA gives you the chance to complete a year long placement giving you the opportunity to apply and develop existing knowledge and skills.
2 years (full-time) including placement year.
Number of credits:
180 credits at Level 7
The Roehampton MBA with placement year is designed with early career professionals in mind.
As a graduate you will receive a dual award Level 7 Diploma in Strategic Management and Leadership by the Chartered Management Institute (CMI).
You will have the option to take a placement year with this MBA.
Participate in the Global Leadership Programme which will develop your skillset and professionalism through lectures, workshops and networking.
Course and Module Details
The Roehampton MBA is designed with early career professionals in mind. This option allows you to take a placement on successful completion of the taught modules, giving you an opportunity to gain relevant experience within an organisation.
It focuses on responsible leadership for sustaining competitive advantage and managing projects in a global context. It is designed to provide you with a comprehensive understanding of the main functional areas of business management such as strategy, marketing, finance and organisational change. The Roehampton MBA puts emphasis on the analysis of global organisations' best practices and strategies and it provides the opportunity to pursue a consultancy project with either a multinational corporation or a leading SME in London.
This programme has been designed with input from successful senior managers, and will equip you with an understanding of the needs of global business. This MBA will also prepare you for the challenges of senior management within an international business environment.
On successful completion of your MBA you will have the knowledge, skills and confidence to lead and manage global business operations; to absorb complex information; to make difficult strategic decisions and communicate them effectively; and to lead and manage cross-cultural project teams.
This programme is dual accredited to a CMI qualification. Upon successful completion of the programme, Roehampton on-campus students, will be eligible for a CMI L7 qualification in Strategic Management and Leadership (subject to passing the required mapped CMI modules and CMI moderation.
These modules are those we currently offer and may be subject to change each year.
Students on this course are normally in Monday, Tuesday (PM), Wednesday (AM) & Thursday.
Contact us for further information.
You will emerge from the Roehampton MBA with well-developed project management and global business management skills, which are highly sought after by employers in both the private and public sectors. You will be equipped to work as a manager in a multinational corporation, international SME or start your own consultancy business.
How to apply
You can apply now for any programme starting in April or September 2022.
All postgraduate taught applications can be made via our online application form.
- Check our application deadlines
- View our entry requirements for postgraduate programmes
- View our general entry criteria and application FAQs below
If you need any help or advice with your application, or just want to ask us a question before you apply, please do not hesitate to contact us.
Please note that most international applicants have to pay a deposit before securing their place.
- See our Finance pages for more details
Postgraduate application process FAQs
No, you can save and revisit your application form and can contact us directly at any time if you need advice or assistance.
If you are a prospective postgraduate student who has home fee status, then you can apply close to the start of the course of study. However, if you have international fee status and require a Tier 4 Visa, then you will normally need to apply much earlier. Please see our application deadlines for postgraduate study.
We encourage all students to apply as early as possible, as some programmes have limited numbers.
Yes, we offer a range of scholarships, alongside support on managing your finances while you are with us.
Yes, we have a wide range of high quality and competitively priced on-campus student residences. We are able to offer quiet rooms and can adjust for those with specific access needs.
Find out more on our accommodation pages.
The MBA with placement offers students the opportunity to complete a placement year (30 weeks) during Year 2. The aim of the placement experience is to provide a route for students to develop genuine and practical problem-solving skills in a professional context, to apply learned concepts into practice within their fields of specialism, and to enable students to gain a better understanding of your own abilities and employment potential.
If you are an international student on a visa, your CAS will have a course duration of two years, subject to meeting the UKVI’s standard requirements.
Please be aware that placements:
- are not guaranteed;
- are typically unpaid;
- include a programme of support to assist students in researching, applying for, and finding an appropriate placement;
- must be verified and approved prior to commencement; and
- will be monitored for quality and attendance.
Placement preparation & support
- As part of Postgraduate degrees with placement, students are enrolled in a compulsory Placement Preparation Module (which include a series of workshops) that take place in Term 1 of Year 1. The workshops and activities in this module are designed to help students find and secure a placement and develop key employability skills and knowledge to succeed in the world of work.
- Attendance on the Placement Preparation Module is compulsory with a requirement that the student attends 80% of the timetabled workshops and fully engages with the module requirements and with the Careers and Placement teams.
- The Careers and Placement teams will support students by providing advice on topics such as exploring career paths, CVs, cover letters, and interview skills.
- During the placement year, students will undertake a placement with an employer and complete a 40P credit Placement Module.
- To be eligible for the Placement Module, students must have successfully passed taught modules (students do not have to have completed the Consultancy Project (RBP040L052) or the Dissertation (RBP040L051) before the commencement of the placement), met the requirements of the Placemen Preparation Module, and secured an approved placement.
- A placement is not guaranteed. The University will offer guidance and support and recommend students to interested organisations; however, it is ultimately the student’s responsibility to secure a placement.
- The placement can be full-time or part-time (a minimum of 3 working days, 21-24 hours per week) and can be carried out in-person or remotely, and through work-based projects.
- The placement will ideally be tailored to your interests and aspirations but ultimately meets the needs of employers and must provide relevant experience in line with the learning outcomes of your academic programme. Whereas the roles offered may vary, the emphasis should be on securing a placement within promising growth areas of your discipline and, on both applying and developing existing knowledge and skills in the work place as well as gaining new knowledge and skills.
Doing all we can to support our students' lives at Roehampton
At Roehampton, we can offer all new students the opportunity to live in accommodation on our beautiful parkland campus, including affordable and high-end options.
We offer scholarships, provide hardship funding and help you find advice on managing your finances while you study.
We provide plenty of opportunities for you to get involved, through volunteering, playing sport or music, or joining one of our many active student societies.