- This programme is dual accredited to a CMI qualification. Upon successful completion of the programme, Roehampton on-campus students, will be eligible for a CMI L7 qualification in Strategic Management and Leadership (subject to passing the required mapped CMI modules and CMI moderation.
- You will gain project management skills and develop the strategic acumen required to direct global enterprises.
- We will support your development through a Dissertation or Consultancy Project.
- You will join the Global Leadership Programme, a programme of professional development workshops and company visits designed to help you develop the skills needed to succeed in a fast-paced global business.
The Roehampton MBA is designed with early career professionals in mind. It focuses on responsible leadership for sustaining competitive advantage and managing projects in a global context. It is designed to provide you with a comprehensive understanding of the main functional areas of business management such as strategy, marketing, finance and organisational change. The Roehampton MBA puts emphasis on the analysis of global organisations' best practices and strategies and it provides the opportunity to pursue a consultancy project with either a multinational corporation or a leading SME in London.
This programme has been designed with input from successful senior managers, and will equip you with an understanding of the needs of global business. This MBA will also prepare you for the challenges of senior management within an international business environment.
The Roehampton MBA is an intensive management programme that will enhance your career in international business and related specialist areas and ensure your ‘global career readiness’. The programme is delivered by academics and practitioners that are leading experts in their field, and is characterised by quality teaching that is research informed.
The MBA is characterised by:
- A global perspective reflected in the programme content and assessment strategy.
- The opportunity to apply theory to real business situations and selected international case studies, and to compile a consultancy report.
- Learning and teaching focused on your career-readiness and addressing contemporary challenges in 21st century global businesses.
- A blended approach to teaching and learning that is technology enabled through the use of Moodle.
On successful completion of your MBA you will have the knowledge, skills and confidence to lead and manage global business operations; to absorb complex information; to make difficult strategic decisions and communicate them effectively; and to lead and manage cross-cultural project teams.
This programme is dual accredited to a CMI qualification. Upon successful completion of the programme, Roehampton on-campus students, will be eligible for a CMI L7 qualification in Strategic Management and Leadership (subject to passing the required mapped CMI modules and CMI moderation.
Students who have not previously studied business will be offered additional support in the form of an on-line preparatory, pre-induction programme of study that they will be encouraged to complete before the start of their programme.
Roehampton Business School is offering to all its PG students an innovative and ambitious Global Leadership Programme alongside their PG awards. The programme runs in parallel with the taught modules and it is complementary to them
Core modules (Autumn term)
Core modules (Spring term)
Optional Modules (20 credits)
- Strategic Investment Appraisal
- Global Brand Management
- Principles of Human Resources Management
- Beyond Profit: Responsibility and Sustainability in Business
Dissertation and Project Modules
Students must choose one of the following:
- Consultancy Project*
* The Consultancy Project requires an arrangement with a suitable organisation that is in need of a short term consultancy project to be completed for them. Although you will need to secure the consultancy yourself, you will be supported by the university’s careers support team and the Business School.
Compulsory and Required modules
Compulsory and/or required modules may change when we review and update programmes. Above is a list of modules offered this academic year.
Optional modules, when offered as part of a programme, may vary from year to year and are subject to viability.
Why a Global Leadership Programme?
- Want to experience life as a Management Consultant?
- Want to add valuable experience to your CV?
- Want to network with organisational leaders and global businesses?
The Global Leadership Programme is designed to enhance your career-readiness. It is focussed on your personal professional development through a combination of events, workshops, networking opportunities and industry exposure that address your career-readiness, and your capabilities to act as an effective leader, manager, consultant or entrepreneur.
As part of your Global Leadership Programme you will receive guidance from professional staff from the Careers Service on how to enhance your career path. You will be able to browse through an extensive range of information, literature from professional bodies and self-help materials on CVs and job applications. As part of the workshops, you will be able to take part in confidential interviews to discuss your career plans, applications and forthcoming job interviews. In addition to this, you will be offered the opportunity to practice your presentation and elevator pitch skills at networking events.
If your first degree is not in business and management, you will be offered the opportunity to complete an on-line pre-induction, which is entirely voluntary and non-credit bearing. It is not assessed and it is not a pre-condition for enrolment. It will however provide you with a level of understanding of strategy, management, marketing and international business. This programme is delivered as self-directed study and available once your enrolment has been completed.
The programme will consist of guided readings that you can complete at your own pace at home. You are strongly encouraged to arrive well prepared and to have read through at least some of readings and reflection tasks provided by week 3 of your first semester.
The Pre-Induction website will guide you, once you are enrolled, through the relevant readings and tasks in more detail. It will advance your ability to analyse data and information using basic analytical and managerial techniques and toolkits.
The list of topics:
- Introduction to Management, Marketing & Strategy
- Introduction to Finance and Accounting for Managers
- Introduction to Consumer Behaviour
- Introduction to Managing People and diversity in Organisations
You will emerge from the Roehampton MBA with well-developed project management and global business management skills, which are highly sought after by employers in both the private and public sectors. You will be equipped to work as a manager in a multinational corporation, international SME or start your own consultancy business.
Life at Roehampton
At Roehampton, we can offer all new students the opportunity to live in accommodation on our beautiful parkland campus, including affordable and high-end options.
We offer scholarships, provide hardship funding and help you find advice on managing your finances while you study.
We provide plenty of opportunities for you to get involved, through volunteering, playing sport or music, or joining one of our many active student societies.