This course is designed for people working in organisations who wish to learn the theory and skills of applying psychology to organisations and work.
January start: 16 months, January 2022 - April 2023 (full-time only)
September start: 1 year (full-time) or 2 years (part-time)
Number of credits:
180 credits at Level 7
Specific entry requirements
Minimum 2.2 honours degree in Psychology, Business Management or Human Resource Management.
Please note: those entering with a psychology degree recognised by the British Psychological Society (BPS) as conferring the Graduate Basis for Chartership (GBC), will be able to use credits obtained from this programme to apply to do the Stage 2 Qualification in Occupational Psychology and apply for Chartership status with the BPS after completing the course.
University of Roehampton London is ranked top 10 in the UK for postgraduate student satisfaction (PTES 2022)
Why this course
Train to become a qualified BPS Test User, which will enable you to assess ability and personality in occupational settings.
Learn how to become an independent consultant, and apply the consultancy cycle in your practice.
Accredited by the British Psychological Society (BPS) and Association for Business Psychology (ABP), this programme can be a step towards becoming either a Chartered Occupational Psychologist or Business Psychologist.
Course and Module Details
This MSc is accredited by the British Psychological Society (BPS) and the Association for Business Psychology (ABP). This programme can be a step towards becoming either a chartered occupational psychologist or business psychologist.
This ‘hybrid’ programme is both scientific and evidence-informed, skill-based and practical, and will teach you how to become practitioners and consultants.
If you have a keen interest in understanding how psychology can be applied to work and business, such as management consultants, executive coaches, HR practitioners, career advisors, business executives, and proprietors, then this MSc in Occupational and Business Psychology is for you.
You will cover the theoretical areas specified by the Division of Occupational Psychology of the British Psychological Society as a necessary basis for occupational psychology Chartership. In addition, you will be introduced to practical and professional issues in occupational and business psychology throughout the programme, with ‘organisational visits’ and a specific assessed component entitled ’Evidence Informed Practice’.
This course is designed for people working in organisations who wish to learn the theory and skills of applying psychology to organisations and work. This programme is most appropriate professional training for those wishing to apply the science of psychology to business and occupational settings, while retaining the academic rigours of a Masters-level programme.
These modules are those we currently offer and may be subject to change each year.
Tuition fees and funding
September 2023 / January 2024 entry tuition fees
Year 1 fees, see links in table below for more information.
2023/24 entry funding
On completion of your learning journey, you will be a practitioner-ready graduate with a range of skills to apply psychology to business and occupational settings. Alternatively, some graduates may prefer to work within the context of human resources, as a Career/Executive Coach, or as Qualified BPS Test User: ability and personality.
How to apply
You can now apply for any programme for any entry point in 2023.
All postgraduate taught applications can be made via our online application form.
- Check our application deadlines
- View our entry requirements for postgraduate programmes
- View our general entry criteria and application FAQs below
If you need any help or advice with your application, or just want to ask us a question before you apply, please do not hesitate to contact us.
Please note that most international applicants have to pay a deposit before securing their place.
- See our Finance pages for more details
Postgraduate application process FAQs
How do I apply?
To apply, you need to complete our online application form.
Do I need to complete all of my online application at once?
No, you can save and revisit your application form and can contact us directly at any time if you need advice or assistance.
What are the entry criteria and fees?
We have general entry requirements for postgraduate courses. Many of our courses also have specific entry requirements. You can find details of these, and the fees for individual courses, on our postgraduate course pages.
What is the deadline for postgraduate applications?
If you are a prospective postgraduate student who has home fee status, then you can apply close to the start of the course of study. However, if you have international fee status and require a Tier 4 Visa, then you will normally need to apply much earlier. Please see our application deadlines for postgraduate study.
We encourage all students to apply as early as possible, as some programmes have limited numbers.
Does Roehampton offer financial support for postgraduates?
Yes, we offer a range of scholarships, alongside support on managing your finances while you are with us.
You can find more information on our postgraduate home and postgraduate international financial support pages. There are also other sources of external funding for international students available.
Do you offer student accommodation for postgraduates?
Yes, we have a wide range of high quality and competitively priced on-campus student residences. We are able to offer quiet rooms and can adjust for those with specific access needs.
Find out more on our accommodation pages.
Join a Business School with a social conscience
At Roehampton Business School we provide you with a flexible, career-focused journey towards successful and fulfilling graduate careers. Roehampton Business School is an inclusive learning community. We want our students to become business leaders who will have a positive impact on society through their ethos, their company culture and through an understanding and appreciation of sustainability. These values are embedded in both our teaching and research.
Below you can find the ways that Roehampton Business School will help you in both your studies and your future career.
- Dedicated career service with a team of careers specialists to provide support and guidance.
- All students have the option to include a one-year work placement as part of their degree.
- Our Business Advisory Board comprise senior business leaders who work closely with us to ensure that our courses are industry-relevant and cutting-edge.
- Access to events with guest speakers and professional bodies, such as the Association of Chartered Certified Accountants, the Chartered Management Institute and the Chartered Institute of Personnel and Development (all of which accredit the Business School degrees).
- Experience the opportunities that come with the Roehampton Business School working closely with the neighboring chambers of commerce including the Wandsworth Chambers of Commerce.
- The opportunity to participate in national and international business competitions.
- Our UG Business courses are taught on two days per week in year one, giving you the space to undertake part-time work and fit your studies around other commitments.
- We have excellent facilities for commuting students, including a free bus service, free on-campus parking and free bicycle storage facilities.
- You will receive remote access to your learning resources so you can learn from home as well as campus.
- You can participate in opportunities to share student research. The Sticky Campus Conference can be viewed here.
London’s Campus University
- You will study on a beautiful and safe parkland campus that will inspire you.
- First-rate facilities including (in our view) the best university library in London.
- We have the Esports Arena based in the Business School for those who are into competitive gaming or just want to relax after lectures.
Need help before you apply?
Doing all we can to support our students' lives at Roehampton
At Roehampton, we can offer all new students the opportunity to live in accommodation on our beautiful parkland campus, including affordable and high-end options.
We offer scholarships, provide hardship funding and help you find advice on managing your finances while you study.
We provide plenty of opportunities for you to get involved, through volunteering, playing sport or music, or joining one of our many active student societies.