- You will develop scientific knowledge and practical skills to offer innovative solutions to workplace problems around employee selection, wellbeing, performance, development, diversity and change.
- You will receive first-hand experience of working within the Occupational and Business Psychology sector.
- You will learn how to become an independent consultant, and apply the consultancy cycle in your practice.
- Through this course you can train to become a qualified BPS Test User, which will enable you to assess ability and personality in occupational settings.
If you have a keen interest in understanding how psychology can be applied to work and business, such as management consultants, executive coaches, HR practitioners, career advisors, business executives, and proprietors, then this MSc in Occupational and Business Psychology is for you.
This course is designed for people working in organisations who wish to learn the theory and skills of applying psychology to organisations and work. This programme is most appropriate professional training for those wishing to apply the science of psychology to business and occupational settings, while retaining the academic rigours of a Masters-level programme. Roehampton have submitted an application for accreditation to The British Psychological Society. Roehampton is also in the process of seeking accreditation for the Association of Business Psychology.
This ‘hybrid’ programme is both scientific and evidence-informed, skill-based and practical, and will teach you how to become practitioners and consultants.
To enhance your employability, skills-based activities and evidence-based practice opportunities will be regularly offered throughout the programme. Particular emphasis will be placed on the Applied Research Consultancy Project/Dissertation, which involves the professional investigation of occupational psychology issues in a real-world context.
You will cover the theoretical areas specified by the Division of Occupational Psychology of the British Psychological Society as a necessary basis for occupational psychology Chartership. In addition, you will be introduced to practical and professional issues in occupational and business psychology throughout the programme, with ‘organisational visits’ and a specific assessed component entitled ’Evidence Informed Practice’.
Alongside the modules below you will also receive regular consultation; events with guest speakers and access to psychometric testing.
- Leadership, Engagement, and Motivation
- Selection & Psychological Testing (including BPS Occupational Test User qualifications)
- Wellbeing and Organisation Health
- Work Design & Organisational Change
- Coaching, Training and Behavioural Change
- Evidence Informed Practice
- Qualitative and Quantitative Methods
- Applied Research Consultancy Project/Dissertation
On completion of your learning journey, you will be a practitioner-ready graduate with a range of skills to apply psychology to business and occupational settings. Alternatively, some graduates may prefer to work within the context of human resources, as a Career/Executive Coach, or as Qualified BPS Test User: ability and personality.
Life at Roehampton
At Roehampton, we can offer all new students the opportunity to live in accommodation on our beautiful parkland campus, including affordable and high-end options.
We offer scholarships, provide hardship funding and help you find advice on managing your finances while you study.
We provide plenty of opportunities for you to get involved, through volunteering, playing sport or music, or joining one of our many active student societies.