- You will develop scientific knowledge and practical skills to offer innovate solutions to workplace problems around employee selection, wellbeing, performance, development, diversity and change.
- You will receive advance training into becoming an Occupational Psychologist or Business Psychologist as per the British Psychological Society (BPS), and the Association of Business Psychologists (ABP).
- You will learn how to become an independent consultant and apply the consultancy cycle in your practice.
- Through this course you can train to become a qualified BPS Test User, which will enable you to assess ability and personality in occupational settings.
Subject to validation*
If you have a keen interest in understanding how psychology can be applied to work and business, then this MSc in Occupational and Business Psychology is for you.
This course is designed for people working in organisations who wish to learn the theory and skills of applying psychology to organisations and work. It is the most appropriate professional training for those wishing to become Chartered Occupational Psychologists whilst retaining the academic rigours of a Masters-level programme.
If you have achieved Graduate Basis for Registration with the British Psychological Society (having already obtained a BSc in Psychology), you will be able to use your credits for the MSc Occupational and Business Psychology programme to apply for the post-course period of supervised practice and full Chartership status with the BPS.
This programme is both scientific and evidence-informed, skill-based and practical, and will teach you how to become practitioners and consultants.
To enhance your employability, skills-based activities and evidence-based practice opportunities will be regularly offered throughout the programme year. Particular emphasis will be placed on the Applied Research Consultancy Project/Dissertation, which involves the professional investigation of occupational psychology issues in a real-world context.
You will cover the theoretical areas specified by the Division of Occupational Psychology of the British Psychological Society as a necessary basis for occupational psychology Chartership. In addition, you will be introduced to practical and professional issues in occupational and business psychology throughout the programme, with ‘organisational visits’ and a specific assessed component entitled ’Professional Practice’.
Alongside the modules below you will also receive regular consultation; events with guest speakers and access to psychometric testing.
- Leadership, Engagement, and Motivation
- Selection & Psychological Testing (including BPS Occupational Test User qualifications)
- Work Design & Organisational Change
- Coaching, Training and Behavioural Change
- Evidence-Informed Practice
- Qualitative and Quantitative Methods
- Applied Research Consultancy Project/Dissertation
You will graduate with the ability to become either an occupational psychologist or a business psychologist, a human resources professional, career and/or executive coach and a Qualified BPS Test User.
Life at Roehampton
At Roehampton, we can offer all new students the opportunity to live in accommodation on our beautiful parkland campus, including affordable and high-end options.
We offer scholarships, provide hardship funding and help you find advice on managing your finances while you study.
We provide plenty of opportunities for you to get involved, through volunteering, playing sport or music, or joining one of our many active student societies.