Develop the ability to make project management decisions that are based on ethical and professional standards that are in the best interest of the organisation, the environment, and society.
September start: 1 year (full-time) or 2 years (part-time)
Number of credits:
180 credits (90 ECTS credits) at Level 7
University of Roehampton London is ranked top 10 in the UK for postgraduate student satisfaction (PTES 2022)
Why this course
You will learn the principles of Agile and Prince 2 methodologies as well as the risk affecting projects.
This degree has been validated by the Association for Project Management.
Graduate with a deeper understanding of the theoretical and practical aspects to project management.
Participate in the Global Leadership Programme which will develop your skillset and professionalism through lectures, workshops and networking.
Study Agile principles that link directly to the AgilePM Foundation qualification.
Course and Module Details
If you wish to specialise in the area of project management, this advanced MSc in Project Management is for you. You will graduate with a deeper understanding of the theoretical and practical aspects to project management and the ability to develop the essential skills and competencies necessary to plan, monitor, control and deliver successful projects.
This MSc is focused on the role of project management in a global business environment. You will learn how to put theory into practice and blend academic and practical study. You will learn about multifaceted business environments that will require project managers to bring together resources, skills, technology and ideas to achieve business objectives. You will also learn how to these objectives whilst also operating multiple project constraints of scope, budget, time and quality requirements.
Roehampton Business School will invite practitioners to share their projects with you, adopting a case study approach to studying project success as well as offering a choice either to complete a dissertation or consultancy project as a final piece of study.
You will be able to confidently identify the sources of risk affecting projects and develop risk management strategies to optimize project outcomes and will be able to demonstrate a sophisticated understanding of the skills required to effectively manage project resources. You will graduate ready to meet the challenges associated with dynamic business environments and with the knowledge to make a positive difference to a global business environment.
These modules are those we currently offer and may be subject to change each year.
Students on this course are normally in Monday, Tuesday (PM), Wednesday (AM) and Thursday.
Contact us for further information.
Tuition fees and funding
September 2023 / January 2024 entry tuition fees
Year 1 fees, see links in table below for more information.
2023/24 entry funding
The programme is designed for students who have a first degree in any discipline seeking to develop a career in a project-based role or environment. It provides the requisite knowledge base, organizational and analytical skills for those wishing to pursue a career as a Project/Programme Manager, Project Support Officer, Project Administrator or Project Worker. It can also augment an existing career as well as enhance the applied research skills of those desiring to pursue advanced research study.
How to apply
You can now apply for any programme for any entry point in 2023.
All postgraduate taught applications can be made via our online application form.
- Check our application deadlines
- View our entry requirements for postgraduate programmes
- View our general entry criteria and application FAQs below
If you need any help or advice with your application, or just want to ask us a question before you apply, please do not hesitate to contact us.
Please note that most international applicants have to pay a deposit before securing their place.
- See our Finance pages for more details
Postgraduate application process FAQs
How do I apply?
To apply, you need to complete our online application form.
Do I need to complete all of my online application at once?
No, you can save and revisit your application form and can contact us directly at any time if you need advice or assistance.
What are the entry criteria and fees?
We have general entry requirements for postgraduate courses. Many of our courses also have specific entry requirements. You can find details of these, and the fees for individual courses, on our postgraduate course pages.
What is the deadline for postgraduate applications?
If you are a prospective postgraduate student who has home fee status, then you can apply close to the start of the course of study. However, if you have international fee status and require a Tier 4 Visa, then you will normally need to apply much earlier. Please see our application deadlines for postgraduate study.
We encourage all students to apply as early as possible, as some programmes have limited numbers.
Does Roehampton offer financial support for postgraduates?
Yes, we offer a range of scholarships, alongside support on managing your finances while you are with us.
You can find more information on our postgraduate home and postgraduate international financial support pages. There are also other sources of external funding for international students available.
Do you offer student accommodation for postgraduates?
Yes, we have a wide range of high quality and competitively priced on-campus student residences. We are able to offer quiet rooms and can adjust for those with specific access needs.
Find out more on our accommodation pages.
Join a Business School with a social conscience
At Roehampton Business School we provide you with a flexible, career-focused journey towards successful and fulfilling graduate careers. Roehampton Business School is an inclusive learning community. We want our students to become business leaders who will have a positive impact on society through their ethos, their company culture and through an understanding and appreciation of sustainability. These values are embedded in both our teaching and research.
Below you can find the ways that Roehampton Business School will help you in both your studies and your future career.
- Dedicated career service with a team of careers specialists to provide support and guidance.
- All students have the option to include a one-year work placement as part of their degree.
- Our Business Advisory Board comprise senior business leaders who work closely with us to ensure that our courses are industry-relevant and cutting-edge.
- Access to events with guest speakers and professional bodies, such as the Association of Chartered Certified Accountants, the Chartered Management Institute and the Chartered Institute of Personnel and Development (all of which accredit the Business School degrees).
- Experience the opportunities that come with the Roehampton Business School working closely with the neighboring chambers of commerce including the Wandsworth Chambers of Commerce.
- The opportunity to participate in national and international business competitions.
- Our UG Business courses are taught on two days per week in year one, giving you the space to undertake part-time work and fit your studies around other commitments.
- We have excellent facilities for commuting students, including a free bus service, free on-campus parking and free bicycle storage facilities.
- You will receive remote access to your learning resources so you can learn from home as well as campus.
- You can participate in opportunities to share student research. The Sticky Campus Conference can be viewed here.
London’s Campus University
- You will study on a beautiful and safe parkland campus that will inspire you.
- First-rate facilities including (in our view) the best university library in London.
- We have the Esports Arena based in the Business School for those who are into competitive gaming or just want to relax after lectures.
Need help before you apply?
“I have learnt so many things from this course and applying them in real life makes me keen to know more. The teaching staff are very co-operative and happy to help in every way possible. The seminars are conducted with great engagement with students. I have loved this course.”
Shreyas Shashikant Patil, current student, MSc Project Management
Doing all we can to support our students' lives at Roehampton
At Roehampton, we can offer all new students the opportunity to live in accommodation on our beautiful parkland campus, including affordable and high-end options.
We offer scholarships, provide hardship funding and help you find advice on managing your finances while you study.
We provide plenty of opportunities for you to get involved, through volunteering, playing sport or music, or joining one of our many active student societies.