Visitors to the Library and collaborative partners
Visiting the University Library
A guide for visitors and collaborative partners
- Members of the community are welcome to join the Library through one of our Library membership schemes
- All visitor access is via membership card only. Before you visit, you must have completed your application and received confirmation from us that your card is ready to pick up.
- Visitors must be 18+ (underage children must be accompanied and supervised by a registered Roehampton student/staff member at all times)
- If you are a member of Roehampton staff and are welcoming Visiting Scholars or academic colleagues to the University, please email us at firstname.lastname@example.org
We offer four key membership schemes:
|Bands A, B and C||Band R|
|Duration||1 Year||1 Year||Variable*||Variable*||6 Months|
|Borrow up to 5 books||✔||✔||✔||X||X|
|Access during 24 hour opening (until 9pm)||✔||✔||✔||X||X|
|Access to WIFI||X||X||✔
* As advised by your home institution, but no longer than the length of your course.
If you are a student/staff member on a partnership course and need to visit the Library, please check access arrangements in the Collaborative Partners LibGuides section.
Go to our membership guide for more detailed information on each of these schemes.
How to apply
Please note that as per the above information, we are currently unable to process new applications or grant library access to External/Community/SCONUL members.
- Complete the Membership application form
- You should make any external membership payments through our online store
- We will email you once your application has been confirmed. You will need to bring photo ID with full name and proof of address when you come to collect your Library membership card.
- Please apply through SCONUL.
- Once you have received your institution’s confirmation email, please email this along with a clear passport style photo to: email@example.com
- Once confirmed, you will need to bring photo ID with full name and proof of address when collecting your Library membership card.
- We aim to process applications within three business days of your request; this may take longer at the start of the academic term.
- You must bring your Library membership card every time you visit the Library; you cannot come into the Library without it.
Please see our Library Guides for information about using the University of Roehampton library and online library.
Search the Library Catalogue to find books, ebooks, journals and other electronic and non-print materials held in the University of Roehampton Library.
Archives and Special Collections
The Archives and Special Collections consist of rare books, original documents and artefacts which support various teaching and research areas of the University of Roehampton. The collections relate to Friedrich Froebel and the kindergarten, Froebel College, Children's Literature and the children's book author Richmal Crompton, Dance, and to a number of other areas including Religious Studies.
The Archives and Special Collections are open for use to all students, staff and external visitors.
Roehampton Digital Collection
The Roehampton Digital Collection contains a selection of digitised children's literature and books about Froebelian education.
General Library enquiries via email: firstname.lastname@example.org
Library Welcome Desk Phone: +44 20 8392 3770
Contact Archives: email@example.com Tel.: 020 8392 3323