Visitors to the Library and collaborative partners
A guide for visitors and collaborative partners
- Members of the community are welcome to join the Library through one of our Library membership schemes
- All visitor access is via membership card only. Before you visit, you must have completed your application and received confirmation from us that your card is ready to pick up
- Applicants must be 18 or over. We may ask for proof of age prior to handing over your membership card
- If you are a member of Roehampton staff and are welcoming Visiting Scholars or academic colleagues to the University, please email us at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Internet/Wifi in the Library
Before applying, please note the following:
- Use of Wifi / internet in the Library is granted only to University of Roehampton users and visiting SCONUL users from other higher education institutions (via the Eduroam scheme)
- Mobile data signal inside the Library can often be poor, so please bear this in mind should you intend to use the Library space with your device - e.g. "hotspot connections" or other external internet data methods may not work effectively.
We offer four key membership schemes:
|Alumni Membership||£30, valid for one year and can borrow up to 5 items at a time.|
|External Membership||£60, valid for one year and can borrow up to 5 items at a time.|
|Community Membership||Valid for 6 months. No access during 24 hour opening periods, and cannot borrow any items.|
|SCONUL Bands A, B, and C||Valid for a period of time which is decided by your home institution and can borrow up to 5 items at a time.|
|SCONUL Band R||Valid for a period of time which is decided by your home institution. No access during 24 hour opening periods, and cannot borrow any items.|
|All membership types will receive an ID card. There is no public WiFi network available, but you may be able to connect to eduroam.|
* As advised by your home institution, but no longer than the length of your course.
If you are a student/staff member on a partnership course and need to visit the Library, please check access arrangements in the Collaborative Partners LibGuides section.
Go to our membership guide for more detailed information on each of these schemes.
How to apply
- Complete the Membership application form
- You should make any external membership payments through our online store
- We will email you once your application has been confirmed. You will need to bring photo ID with full name and proof of address when you come to collect your Library membership card.
- Please apply through SCONUL.
- Once you have received your institution’s confirmation email, please email this along with a clear passport style photo to: email@example.com
- Once confirmed, you will need to bring photo ID with full name and proof of address when collecting your Library membership card.
- We aim to process applications within three business days of your request; this may take longer at the start of the academic term.
- You must bring your Library membership card every time you visit the Library; you cannot come into the Library without it.
Please see our Library Guides for information about using the University of Roehampton library and online library.
Search the Library Catalogue to find books, ebooks, journals and other electronic and non-print materials held in the University of Roehampton Library.
Archives and Special Collections
The Archives and Special Collections consist of rare books, original documents and artefacts which support various teaching and research areas of the University of Roehampton. The collections relate to Friedrich Froebel and the kindergarten, Froebel College, Children's Literature and the children's book author Richmal Crompton, Dance, and to a number of other areas including Religious Studies.
The Archives and Special Collections are open for use to all students, staff and external visitors.
Roehampton Digital Collection
The Roehampton Digital Collection contains a selection of digitised children's literature and books about Froebelian education.
General Library enquiries via email: firstname.lastname@example.org
Library enquiries phone: +44 20 8392 3770
View our Instagram: https://www.instagram.com/urlibrary/?hl=en-gb
Contact Archives: email@example.com Tel.: 020 8392 3323