How to Access Support

Support staff showing papers

The support we provide depends on the nature of your course and whether you are a UK, EU or international student.

The types of services we offer is based on your individual needs and must be related to your disability and how this affects you in an educational setting.

In order for the University to arrange support you will need to provide us with evidence of your disability.

If you have a physical or sensory disability, medical or mental health condition then we will need a letter from your GP or medical practitioner which explains how your condition affects you in your studies and day-to-day life. 

If you do not have any medical evidence, you will need to visit or email your GP/consultant/medical practitioner and ask them to complete this Medical Evidence Form.

We recommend that you apply for Disabled Students’ Allowance (DSA), where eligible.

What to do if you do not have a SpLD diagnostic assessment report

There are two options in accessing a full diagnostic assessment:


Enrolled students can request a SpLD Screening to determine whether it would be appropriate to have a diagnostic assessment arranged through the Disability & Dyslexia Service at Roehampton.  You will be asked to contribute towards the cost of a full diagnostic assessment (usually £100).  Should students require financial assistance with this cost the university offers a Student Hardship Fund, which is means tested.

Please note: The SpLD screening and diagnostic assessment process can take a long time to complete.  This will mean that the creation of a Summary of Adjustments (SoA) can be delayed (detailing exam support, extensions to deadlines etc.) and accessing support through Disabled Students’ Allowance (DSA), where eligible.


You can pay for an independent assessment privately.  If you complete this prior to starting your course at university, it may enable you to access support on your course much sooner.

We do not recommend individual assessors, however, you may find some of the following websites useful:

Please note: financial aid through the university cannot be used to fund private assessments.


You can email your evidence to our team on

We strongly recommend that you get in touch to let us know about your specific disability and support needs. To make an appointment, please contact us by: 

Phone: 020 8392 3636 


We are based in the Richardson Building 001A (Digby Stuart College) and can offer appointments in-person or remotely via phone/video call. 

Please let us know if you have any access needs (e.g. level access; BSL interpreter; rest breaks etc.).

If you are a prospective student, please contact us by phone or email in the first instance.