- This one-year top up programme is designed to provide you with a firm understanding of Business Management and Marketing.
- You will build upon your existing business knowledge and enhance your potential to thrive in a management career in marketing or progress onto postgraduate study.
- You will develop the knowledge and skills that employer’s value, including the ability to think critically, act responsibly and adapt to volatile, ambiguous and complex situations.
- You will apply contemporary research to explore the latest issues in Business Management and Marketing.
If you have a HND/DipHE qualification, this programme allows you top up your qualifications to a full degree, giving you access to more graduate career opportunities.
This one-year top up programme is designed to provide a firm understanding of business management and marketing, sales advertising and PR, and global marketing. It will equip you with the skills you need for a successful career in marketing. You will be equipped to work in a wide range of marketing roles, either in an agency or the marketing functions of an organisation.
This top-up degree is designed specifically to develop you as a 'business ready' graduate: a confident, independent thinker with a detailed knowledge of business management and marketing, and equipped with the skills to adapt rapidly to change.
Alongside specialist marketing knowledge, you will build your understanding of managing people, operations, logistics and finance.
You will learn how businesses need to operate effectively and responsibly in culturally diverse markets.
Our academics have extensive experience of organisations and will support you to connect your learning to the realities of business and management. You will be supported throughout by your Personal Tutor, who will help to guide your learning and career development. You will also have access to our extensive range of employability events. Alongside this, we provide a wide range of other opportunities to develop and learn, including a career mentoring scheme, student-led Business Society and online careers portal.
This programme is open for all students in the UK and overseas who wish to transfer to complete the final year of an undergraduate degree, as well as students who have completed study at one of Roehampton's partner institutions.
The programme commences with an extended introduction to academic study, to ensure that you have the academic skills you need to succeed.
- Cultivate a deeper understanding of the key areas of branding and marketing in a global context, learning to tailor the delivery of your messages to your chosen target market.
- Demonstrate your skills with an in-depth dissertation focusing on an area of marketing of your choice.
- Study corporate strategy and learn about the importance of ethics and responsible management.
Required zero-credit module
Business Readiness (year 3)
You will be equipped to work in a wide range of marketing roles, either in an agency or the marketing functions of an organisation. You will have the skills to work as an advertising executive, marketing manager or communications manager or in another marketing-related role.
Our careers team is available to support you from the start of your studies until after you graduate. They will help you build your CV, prepare for interviews, and meet and learn from successful graduates working at the top of their careers. You’ll also have opportunities to work with our partners across London and beyond, and to attend a Roehampton jobs fair where you can find out about graduate opportunities and meet employers.
Life at Roehampton
At Roehampton, we can offer all new students the opportunity to live in accommodation on our beautiful parkland campus, including affordable and high-end options.
We offer scholarships, provide hardship funding and help you find advice on managing your finances while you study.
We provide plenty of opportunities for you to get involved, through volunteering, playing sport or music, or joining one of our many active student societies.