- This one-year top up programme is designed to provide you with a firm understanding of international business and finance.
- You will build upon your existing business knowledge and enhance your potential to thrive in a management career in international business or progress onto postgraduate study.
- You will develop the knowledge and skills that employer’s value, including the ability to think critically, act responsibly and adapt to volatile, ambiguous and complex situations.
- You will apply contemporary research to explore the latest issues in international business and finance.
This one-year top up programme is designed to provide a firm understanding of international business, corporate strategy and finance, and the ability to apply ethical decision making in business situations. It will equip you with the skills you need for a successful career in financial organisations and multinational businesses.
This top-up degree is designed specifically to develop you as a confident, independent thinker with a detailed knowledge of international business and cross-cultural management, and equipped with the skills to adapt rapidly to change.
Our academics have extensive experience of organisations and will support you to connect your learning to the realities of business and management. You will be supported throughout by your Personal Tutor, who will help to guide your learning and career development. You will also have access to our extensive range of employability events. Alongside this, we provide a wide range of other opportunities to develop and learn, including a career mentoring scheme, student-led Business Society and online careers portal.
This programme is open for all students in the UK and overseas who wish to transfer to complete the final year of an undergraduate degree, as well as students who have completed study at one of Roehampton's partner institutions.
The programme commences with an extended introduction to academic study, to ensure that you have the academic skills you need to succeed. During the year, you will develop an understanding of corporate strategy and sustainability, and how strategies are developed and adjusted in the context of an increasingly dynamic international market. You will learn how the international banking and monetary system functions in capitalist economies and financial investment decisions are made.
You will also understand the importance of individual and organisational ethical and social responsibility and will learn to apply ethical decision making and responsible management to a range of business situations. Alongside your business studies, you will also further enhance your capacity to use English in a business context through a bespoke English for Business & Finance module.
This course will equip you with the skills you need for a successful career in financial organisations and multinational businesses. Career opportunities for graduates include corporate finance, banking, insurance and business consultancy, as well as a wide variety of specialist and generalist management roles. This course also prepares to progress to further study with us on our MSc Global Financial Management.
Life at Roehampton
At Roehampton, we can offer all new students the opportunity to live in accommodation on our beautiful parkland campus, including affordable and high-end options.
We offer scholarships, provide hardship funding and help you find advice on managing your finances while you study.
We provide plenty of opportunities for you to get involved, through volunteering, playing sport or music, or joining one of our many active student societies.
Join a Business School with a social conscience.
At Roehampton Business School we provide you with a flexible, career-focused journey towards successful and fulfilling graduate careers. Roehampton Business School is an inclusive learning community. We want our students to become business leaders who will have a positive impact on society through their ethos, their company culture and through an understanding and appreciation of sustainability. These values are embedded in both our teaching and research.
Below you can find the ways that Roehampton Business School will help you in both your studies and your future career.
- Dedicated career service with a team of careers specialists to provide support and guidance.
- All students have the option to include a one-year work placement as part of their degree.
- Our Business Advisory Board comprise senior business leaders who work closely with us to ensure that our courses are industry-relevant and cutting-edge.
- Access to events with guest speakers and professional bodies, such as the Association of Chartered Certified Accountants, the Chartered Management Institute and the Chartered Institute of Personnel and Development (all of which accredit the Business School degrees).
- Experience the opportunities that come with the Roehampton Business School working closely with the neighboring chambers of commerce including the Wandsworth Chambers of Commerce.
- The opportunity to participate in national and international business competitions.
- Our UG Business courses are taught on two days per week in year one, giving you the space to undertake part-time work and fit your studies around other commitments.
- We have excellent facilities for commuting students, including a free bus service, free on-campus parking and free bicycle storage facilities.
- You will receive remote access to your learning resources so you can learn from home as well as campus.
- You can participate in opportunities to share student research. The Sticky Campus Conference can be viewed here.